Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 05-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Focusrite

Hello Amack,

To set the buffer size of the Focusrite ASIO driver in samples please go to the Setup menu in Pro Tools, click on Hardware> Launch Setup App. There's a drop down menu to choose a buffer size in samples.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:59 AM

I know - is that the only change provided by the Beta driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian.Focusrite View Post
Hello Amack,

To set the buffer size of the Focusrite ASIO driver in samples please go to the Setup menu in Pro Tools, click on Hardware> Launch Setup App. There's a drop down menu to choose a buffer size in samples.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:26 PM

I have had the 18i20 for over a year now and love it ... when Pro Tools isn't giving me a hard time.

I got PT12 a couple weeks ago and everything has been fine. Today I turn my computer on, launch PT, open a track I've been working on, and it hangs when playing audio then says:

"Pro Tools could not initialize the Focusrite USB 2.0 Driver. Make sure your device is connected and configured correctly"

I've already tried the "hold down N" trick and nothing. Ive rebooted. shuffled default Windows audio devices around, etc. Please don't tell me I have to completely wipe out and reinstall PT for this stupid out-of-the-blue issue. I was using it yesterday for crying out loud!

EDIT: NVM it miraculously started working again. I held "n" while booting into PT, left it as "Windows Audio" and tried to open a file. It wouldn't let me because Windows Audio isn't set to 48k. I then selected Focusrite USB 2.0 from the hardware list and it worked. I had already done this exact same thing earlier and it did not work, but this time it did. The planets must have aligned.
250GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 x64
Focusrite 18i20
Pro Tools 12.0.0.456

Last edited by General Stalin; 06-03-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:05 PM

See http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=368422

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Stalin View Post
I have had the 18i20 for over a year now and love it ... when Pro Tools isn't giving me a hard time.

I got PT12 a couple weeks ago and everything has been fine. Today I turn my computer on, launch PT, open a track I've been working on, and it hangs when playing audio then says:

"Pro Tools could not initialize the Focusrite USB 2.0 Driver. Make sure your device is connected and configured correctly"

I've already tried the "hold down N" trick and nothing. Ive rebooted. shuffled default Windows audio devices around, etc. Please don't tell me I have to completely wipe out and reinstall PT for this stupid out-of-the-blue issue. I was using it yesterday for crying out loud!