Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 08:32 PM

Default Playing back wrong files

I have a 9600/G3/400mhz w/256ram. If I have a session spanned across several hours, when I record something onto a track late in the session, it shows the correct waveform but plays back something completly different. HELP!!! As I work in Post Production on films this is a big problem. Any suggestions??
Old 04-02-2001, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Playing back wrong files

P.S. This problem is with Pro Tools 5.1
Old 04-02-2001, 10:31 PM

Now this problem has reared itself on a G4 with PT5.1 and with nothing else in the session, it records fine when playing back totally unrelated sound that has nothing to do with the session. HELP!!!! I have to switch back to PT 5.0.1 until this is solved as I can't have any down time
Old 04-03-2001, 12:41 AM

Hey Lance - I've had this happen in 4.3.1 when audio drive directories got scrambled and disks were getting pretty fragmented. Disk Warrior should sort it out for you - excellent utility! Re-initalizing your drives between projects will help avoid those kinds of problems.

One thought - was this session restored from a backup medium of some kind? Do you have multiple drives on your system? If "yes", there's another workaround, but don't want to burden you with it needlessly. Good luck.

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 04-03-2001, 02:50 PM

I had the same problem - was working with an audio segment way down the time line and had the weirdest things playback. The overview looked fine etc.
Luckily, I was only working down the time line to get away from the the rest of the session and was able to drag the audio I was bouncing closer to the beginning of the session - it started working fine.
Ran Disk Warrior and others over drives to no avail.
Are you able to shorten the length of your session at all?
Old 04-03-2001, 08:51 PM

I had a similar problem once with 5.0.1. Rebuilding my desktop seemed to clear it up.