Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2001, 06:39 PM

Default DP and TDM,DAE

Now that I've pulled all my hair out trying to get DP to spit audio out of my Adat bridge, I'm cryin out for help. DP boots up fine, the tracks show level playing in DP, the correct routing is going to the ADAT bridge, but no audio is coming out. Does not matter if it is DAE or MAS via digi direct I/O, the same result. If I switch to PT it the audio works fine. If I set it to use sound manager, the audio works fine.
I've tried the lastest DAE, trashed the prefs, searched all the groups, but nothing seems to work. Just for the heck of it, I tried it with Logic 4.73 and ended up with the same results, I see levels but nothing is coming out. The only thing that works is PT.

My current set up
G4 Ti 400, the first version
PT 5.1
DP3
Mix farm, D24, vintage farm, Atto express all packed into a new magma 4 slot
and hooked up to an ADAT bridge 24

Any ideas out there?
Digi?
I'm dying over here;
Thanks
Tripit [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2001, 07:00 PM

Default Re: DP and TDM,DAE

Try to put your sound control panel in: OUTPUT -> Built-in If you put this option in Digidesign, you will get the message "...digital audio has been disabled, running in midi-only bla, bla, bla..."

This has worked fine with me. But in my system my PT crash if I try to open it after closing DP. I always have to restart before using PT. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I hope this is usefull, if you find another solution, please let me know [email protected]
Old 11-17-2001, 07:19 PM

Thanks Hector, but I already tried that. I don't recieve any error messages at all. Everything would apear to be normal, tracks all showing level when running, DP and logic both running fine, it's just that there is zero sound being outputed by the ADAT bridge in any conection, analog, lightpipe or SDIF.
The only time it puts any sound out is when I switch to PT.
Old 11-18-2001, 05:50 AM

Anyone?
Old 11-18-2001, 08:31 AM

I don't have an adat bridge to try it out but have you downloaded the UPDATE to DP3 from the motu website. Maybe that will fix it.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:13 AM

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to get the lastest download, although I'm not in my studio and I'm using another computer (PC) to access the forum, so I'll have to figure out a way to get it to my portable rig.

OK, I trashed the motu audio prefs again and now I can get audio out via mas and digi connect, but it still won't output when I select dae mode.
Why won't DAE with TDM output with DP3 or logic? Digi? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2001, 10:22 AM

I had the same problem until I plugged in both sides of the adat bridge with the Y cable. Works fine now. If I just plugged into the A side (and the Adat bridge was the only interface), I got no sound out even though all looked fine on screen.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:57 AM

Thanks, but I currently have both plugged into a y cable which goes into the mix farm, which is in the first slot, followed by my d24 core. I even went as far as to switch the card order by putting the d24 first and then the mix, but still the same results.
Old 11-18-2001, 05:58 PM

This may be something you've already done, but go to the audio monitor window and click on the icon that looks like headphones.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:58 AM

If your using Digi's Hi Res Mixer try using the stock mixer instead. The hi res mixer does not work with DP 2.7. Might be the same in 3.0