Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Old 01-15-2020, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Kontakt Session String Midi Notes Stuck on Sustain

Can you use Kontakt standalone without an issue? That would help to know if it's just within Pro Tools, or if it's something with Kontakt and/or your system.

I am using PT 2019.12 HD and I don't have this issue, and nor have I ever had this issue with PT versions that I've been using since v8.

I am using the NI S88 keyboard via USB right into my Mac Pro trash can. I also have a USB MIDI interface MOTU MIDI Express XT that works with other MIDI keyboards and my Roland V-Drums last time I checked(about a month ago). What is your MIDI interface?

Do you have a USB MIDI keyboard? Do you have another MIDI keyboard you can try? Somehow your computer seems to not be getting the MIDI off note transmission from your keyboard. Can you use the Kontakt built in keyboard in the plug-in with your mouse without issue? In Pro Tools? In standalone? Other VI's work fine?

I'm just throwing out ideas for you to try that I would try before saying it's a Kontakt issue.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Yeah, it still happens. Latest version of PT and KU.

I don’t know who the issue falls on as I don’t tend to write much outside of PT (whenever I get the chance to write that is), but it happens with basic one note stuff like basslines not just complex stuff.

I just personally chalk it up to more annoyances with MIDI in PT that I never see changing unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It happens ALL THE TIME - for me unusable
Old 01-16-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you hit the panic button in Kontakt? It's th exclamation point at the top right of the gui. That'll stop the notes from sounding. All the mute does is stop you from hearing the notes - it doesn't stop them.
Your right. Its actually still sticking but muting only mutes the sound. My other way is to deactivate kontakt but then it has to load everything again.

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) 32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2020.5, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:51 AM

Same stuck notes here. Sonuscore plug ins. I wish Kontakt 6 could have a midi assignable "!" button because that is my only solution.

1. Find the offending track (out of 100 channels sometimes!)
2. Open the plugin
3. Move to "!" and click...

Very time consuming.

Even some sort of CC control for the Kontakt Panic Button. Then I could write a bar 1 of my composition with this CC and quickly play it to shut it up!