Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 PM

Default How do I get my track to repeat?

I made a beat with a drum and I want to know how do I get it to repeat at the same pace I made it with. Also is there a way to extend with the same pause or space between before it repeats. I am new with this stuff and I need to extend stuff I made for longer lengths.

So far I've been copying and pasting but the pause before it repeats isn't accurate.

Let me know if you can help thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 AM

Lightbulb Re: How do I get my track to repeat?

Recording a drum-beat - playing on your own speed, and copying it over wont give you a sync'd beat.

Just use a metronome - to keep you on time...

What i do- is make individual samples of my drums, i.e. Cymbols, Kickdrum, snare, etc.

Then you get a DAW that has sample editing- where you can insert those individual samples into 4/4 beats. To sync it on the designated BPM.

I use FL-Studio to do this, cause you work with blocks that tells the PC when each sample should hit. Keeping it on the beat.

The problem with this however is that it comes out too robotic- cause everytime the snare hits, its the exact same sound, where playing on a real kit, will give a different sound on each hit. ( check out jamstix 3 demo- http://rayzoon2.com/dldemo3.php) To understand this concept. Hitting the snare drum on different places will give a different sound for that sample.