Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-28-2015, 10:55 PM

Default Space licensing behavior in 12.2/plugin bundle

Hi!

A few days ago i installed the stomp boxes and Space, which (i thought) was just an update for me because i already had a Space license on my iLok.
But unfortunately Space couldīt be activated with the latest installer. The iLok activation pop-up came up during starting PT. All other plugins (stomp boxes) seem to work. But the Space license not. So i looked into the iLok license manager and found a new license "Pro Tools Plan" which activated Space again.

Now my question: if i will not use the rented additional plugins in the future, will my old still owned Space license be useless? And if yes, why?

Thanks
Claus
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 09-29-2015, 01:53 PM

Default Re: 12.2 strange Space licensing behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausiii View Post
Hi!

A few days ago i installed the stomp boxes and Space, which (i thought) was just an update for me because i already had a Space license on my iLok.
But unfortunately Space couldīt be activated with the latest installer. The iLok activation pop-up came up during starting PT. All other plugins (stomp boxes) seem to work. But the Space license not. So i looked into the iLok license manager and found a new license "Pro Tools Plan" which activated Space again.

Now my question: if i will not use the rented additional plugins in the future, will my old still owned Space license be useless? And if yes, why?

Thanks
Claus
Is your 'old Space license still the one named 'TL Space', or is it the newer version just called 'Space'.

I forget the exact process now, but when the AAX version of TL Space was released, and it was renamed Space, a license swop took place to exchange the old one for the new one. I remember it being an automated simple process, but I can't remember what I had to do to trigger that.

If you have the newer 'Space' license, that should carry on working whether or not you have the free bundled one as well.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 09-29-2015, 01:58 PM

itīs named "Space" by "Avid TLL Products"
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 09-29-2015, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Bonus plugin licenses?

Well, still working on this with support and hoping there's a solution.

The auth does NOT authorize the same formats as the standard version. For example, standard version of Space, Eleven, etc. authorize AAX DSP, AAX, TDM, and RTAS.

This version seems to be stripped down to the AAX DSP and AAX formats. Hopefully it's an oversight or glitch and support will help get this squared away, otherwise it's very unfortunate for all those of us using a co-install.

Fingers are crossed.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks
Claus
Hi,

So when you downloaded the new "pro tools plan" to your ilok, it removed the original TL Space ilok auth?

I think the issue could be the new pro tools plan auth being that it's for PT12 is AAX only and possibly only works with the bundled installer and not the previous Stand alone installers. Definitely not going to work with TDM and RTAS I guess.

Be interesting to see how this pans out

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
itīs named "Space" by "Avid TLL Products"
Hmmm .... let's just be clear here ..... exactly what is yours called? ...

Mine says 'Space AAX/RTAS' and is by Avid TLL Products

Does yours have the AAX/RTAS as part of the name?

That was the license that was exchanged for my previous TL Space Native license, which was RTAS only (I didn't have the TDM license).

If you have that license it will continue to work whether or not you have the support plan freebie.

But as crizee says, if the support plan plugins cone with a soecial installer, msybe the 'normal' Space license won't authorise the support plan version.

Talk about making it complex when it could be so simple!
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:26 PM

Ok, to be clear, it's the Space AAX/RTAS license, it was not removed from the iLok by the "Pro Tools Plan" license.
But the latest version of Space which i installed with the application manager could not be authorised without the "Pro Tools Plan" license on the iLok.
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 09-29-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Ok, to be clear, it's the Space AAX/RTAS license, it was not removed from the iLok by the "Pro Tools Plan" license.
But the latest version of Space which i installed with the application manager could not be authorised without the "Pro Tools Plan" license on the iLok.
Hi,

Ok, so did the new installer remove the original version from the plugins folder? If not then it's all good! Users just need to install the latest version and download the plan license.

Did the application manager download the latest version before you updated to PT 12.2. Otherwise it would be expected to have the latest version and download the plan ilok auth at the same time.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:53 PM

yes, the Space installer replaced the older version but my Space license on my iLok did not work it only started working after activation of the Pro Tools Plan license on my iLok.
So if i stop using/renting the "ProTools Plan"-plugins, will Space work then, or not?
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 09-30-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
yes, the Space installer replaced the older version but my Space license on my iLok did not work it only started working after activation of the Pro Tools Plan license on my iLok.
So if i stop using/renting the "ProTools Plan"-plugins, will Space work then, or not?
So the main questions that we need an answer on from Avid (Jeffro, is this somethng you can look into?) are ....

Regarding the new installer for Space that comes with the free plugin promotion bundle ....

Is this a new version of Space, or just a customised (for the bundle) version of Space?

If it is a new version, are there some enhanced new features, and therefore is an upgrade path going to be made available gor existing Space owners?

If it is just a customised, perhaps even cut down, version of Space for the bundle, are perpetual license owners able to install and use the 'proper' version of Space over th bndle version without causing problems.p?

The other important question I can think of at this stage is .... are settings, presets, automation etc compatible, do the same settings produce the same output? If one person has the perpetual version and another has the bundle version, will they be able to move the session between them without issues?