Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-22-2004, 01:38 PM

Default Plugin or Audio File Management?

I am using Pro Tools TDM v6.2.3. We have tons of plugins installed, which as I'm sure many of you know can be a horrible pain to deal with. The list is in no particular order whatsover and finding the plugin I want takes forever sometimes. Is there an app or add-on out there that allows you to sort and organize your list of plugins? I would also love to be able to sort my list of audio files somehow. When sessions get very large, that darn list gets so huge that I can't even use it anymore. If I could only make my own folders......
Old 12-22-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Plugin or Audio File Management?

Look Here

-Robert
Old 12-23-2004, 09:08 AM

Wow, thanks so much. This message board is really quite useful...
Old 01-31-2005, 10:38 AM

I checked out the TL/FAUXLDER plugin-organizer... I have recently been trying to find a way to organize my plugins, and heard that PT 6.4 would do that. I upgraded only to ironically discover that:
- while 6.4 organizes plugins into related folders, it doesn't give the user any way to customize them, create new folders, etc., making it thus semi-useless (since a majority of the plugins are listen under "Other" and are still just as disorganized as before)
- TL/FAUXLDER is only supported for 6.3 and under!

TL/FAUXLDER looks like exactly what I need, but it looks like I'd have been better off sticking w/ PT6.3! Does anyone know if:
- TL/FAUXLDER does in fact work OK with PT6.4 ?
- If there is any other way to be able to create my own folders for plugins and organize them
according to my own choosing?

Thanks!

Norm