Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2000, 04:14 PM

Default To Jules, Regarding Your Final Master.

Hey J-Dog,

How did the final PT 24 bit, rack to mastering facility turn out?

By the way as a quick note. I always add a read me file with final masters that ends up at the manufacturing plant. The read me says; ADD NO PROCESSING OR DITHER TO THIS FILE/MASTER. A lot of mfg. plants get handy with "whatever box" is around and re-dither or process your hard won final master.....It always seems to hurt and not help, to mess with the master at the plant.

Just a thought daddy-o

Later.

e
Old 03-07-2000, 05:30 PM

Default Re: To Jules, Regarding Your Final Master.

Cut aint been booked yet, Whitfield St (Madonna's fave) will do it from files off a CD I can bring in a pocket.. I think the lable will go for it...I hope.
I also have another one coming up, I've been mixing 'mix stems' for a producer that has 'painted himself into a corner' sonicaly.. I plan to wheel in a PT rig AND ProControl to the cut...(shift that lathe over buddy will ya?!) and give it to the guy via apogee 24 bit a/d's...we can alter levels if we want too, I'd better check if there is room for it all! I remember them as kinda grumpy at that place (not Whitfield St)! Wait till they get a load of the fan noise off the rig! Its down some nasty stairs too....
I will report back. I dig the read me note idea BTW!

Jules
www.gearslutz.com