Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-17-2003, 02:35 PM

Default Free Tutorials for Pro Tools LE?

Does anyone know where I can find any FREE Pro Tools LE tutorials? I've had pro tools for about 8 months now, and I'd like to expand on my recording/editing/mastering skills. I'm the only person I know that uses Pro Tools, so any free tutorials would be nice.

thanks,

phil b.

http://www.theverseband.com - ProTools in action. Visit for free MP3s created on my Digi001

the Verse - Official Website
Old 06-17-2003, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Free Tutorials for Pro Tools LE?

There a few tutorials on DiSK that might help.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:43 PM

Check the Digizine offered by Digidesign right here. Just click the link at the bottom of this page for the Digidesign site and click Digizine near the top of the Digidesign home page.

Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 04:59 PM

Hello. The best tutorial comes with your system. It is called the Pro Tools Reference Guide. Look for it on your computer system, or under the help menu inside of Pro Tools. The ebst resource about Pro Tools, bar none. You already have it!
Old 06-17-2003, 05:44 PM

There are several good reference books out. The Digi 001 video is not much of a tutorial but has some value. Based on your tunes you have a basic grasp of the process already. I think a little verb would give the tracks some depth. I liked The Dream Of You and All In All especially!
Old 06-17-2003, 06:16 PM

Yeah, free tutorials are fine, but buy one of the instruction books, they have much more information, and it's well organized so you can follow it along. I got mine for $15 bucks, and in two months I had learned more than I had in a year of experimenting and using online tutorials. May not cover everything, but it's close.
-Olaf