Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 09-09-2014, 09:26 AM

Default Pro Tools 11.2x Incapable of Relinking Media

On 11.2 and 11.2.1, Pro Tools seems to be incapable of relinking to the majority of media files outside the Audio Files folder once the file path has been changed (copying sessions to another drive, for example). Automatic relink has no luck, and manual relink doesn't either, UNLESS you navigate to every individual folder in the relink window one by one and actually expand the folder to show all the audio files therein, and even then you have to hit Find Links multiple times as it never works on the first pass. These sessions relink just fine using versions 10x.

Anyone else?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11.2x Incapable of Relinking Media

Hey,

I was having what seemed to be the same issues the other day... then I decided to try another setting..... it worked!

What I had to do was open the session, it promps to relync to missing media.... I selected Manually relync. I checked the box of the folder the media was in (or the drive) and clicked the find files button top left... it pops up a menu that asked what to search by... here is where it makes a difference (so it seems). I had to ONLY have file name selected and it immediately found and showed the Lync icon next to each file. I then clicked the commit lyncs button and all was good.

I tried every other option and combinations but it only found the files when I had by file name only selected.

Give it a try and see what happens.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:42 AM

If you copy to another drive, don't just copy the session. COPY THE WHOLE FOLDER, which will include all the audio files. Then you have backups of them, too.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:04 PM

Just FYI

Last night I exported an OMF and selected a new folder for the audio to copy to... Once finished I had 4 files that were showing as offline in the session for some reason... I needed to figure out where the files went since I chose to merge audio into the new folder (It shouldn't have removed any audio from the sessions audio folder) so I went in to manually relync. Chose the folder the files were suppose to be located... no match. Chose the OMF audio folder, no luck.. so I decided to try searching by ID only and whalla... they popped up.

What I dont understand about this softwares relync is if I select to search by name and ID the search should reveal the ones found by searching for ID but it doesnt... ???? It finds nothing, but then does find the files when searching for JUST one or the other.

So it seems that when I get an OMF or AFF with a folder of audio files to lync to the folder the audio files are in I have to manually relync by name only.... but when I export an OMF and it merges the audio into a new folder searching by name no longer works, but if I search by ONLY ID they pop up and I can commit lyncs...

WFT is going on? This seems like a really dated piece of software that doesnt function correctly or doesnt seem to anyway.

If I try a simple auto sync it never finds any files, so I am forced to do it manually and the search by window seems to be very confused. This should be a very simple operation.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonDeath View Post
On 11.2 and 11.2.1, Pro Tools seems to be incapable of relinking to the majority of media files outside the Audio Files folder once the file path has been changed (copying sessions to another drive, for example). Automatic relink has no luck, and manual relink doesn't either, UNLESS you navigate to every individual folder in the relink window one by one and actually expand the folder to show all the audio files therein, and even then you have to hit Find Links multiple times as it never works on the first pass. These sessions relink just fine using versions 10x.

Anyone else?
Yes, same problem incapable of relinking data on PT HD 11.2 Mac. Relink works fine in PT 10, does not work in PT 11. Tried manually, by name only, by file ID only, nothing has worked in 11, even if you point directly to folders and files. I have many clients that want to open up their project a year or two down the road, so I need my archives to work. FYI, "save session copy in" on these same sessions crashes PT11. This seems to be an issue with any session with omf media residing outside main Audio Files folder. Avid, some help on this, please?
Old 01-26-2015, 05:48 AM

Hello All :)

Same issue with PT 11.3

can relink files one at a time with "find all candidate" but won't work with any option (name, fileid... ) to relink all the files...

Any body ?

Nicolas
Old 02-09-2015, 07:15 PM

Same issue as above... any headway on this? For me it seems to be relinking to OMF files... pulled SFX, score and stems seem to relink fine. Help!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:18 AM

I've been having the same issue with PT 11.2 and 11.3 on my own system and at a couple stages. I have to do a save session copy in if I move from my studio to a dub stage which is a big problem for media management.

Can we get a response on this Avid? This is basic functionality completely lost in PT11.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:36 AM

Relink issues here too (11.2.1). Never had that with 10 or earlier.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:49 AM

Hi All

Still the same relinking issue :
it stops trying to relink files after the first one it can't find.

PT10.3.10 's fine