Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-17-2014, 04:52 AM

Default Horrible Heal bug in 11.2 HD (noticed with linked AAFs and MXF audio)

Hi,
My workflow on the current project is: Linked AAF from cutting room which links to their supplied MXF bin, and location poly WAVs with field recorder matching. On the whole working a treat, assistant editor obviously on top of things.

What I've just had though is my old habit was to globally Apple-H the supplied tracks to get rid of pointless invisible edits. What's happening though is that random bits of audio are healing when they shouldn't, knocking one half badly out of sync (often many seconds). Never seen this happen before. I don't have the time to do exhaustive tests now so just reloaded and will avoid it for now. Don't know whether the AAFs are the problem or the MXFs or something else.

Nasty, nasty one, watch out.

Pete

========================================
BUG REPORT: http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/131040-3779
========================================

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 02-17-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added the IdeaScale link. -JC
Old 07-19-2014, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Horrible Heal bug in 11.2 HD (noticed with linked AAFs and MXF audio)

Hi Pete

How's 11.2 holding up for you otherwise?

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 07-19-2014, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Horrible Heal bug in 11.2 HD (noticed with linked AAFs and MXF audio)

Hi Mike,
In Edit mode for the next couple of weeks, apart from this (avoidable thankfully) problem all good. Will see how mixing/automation is in a few weeks, I gather some people have had issues but don't know any details.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 07-28-2014, 03:25 PM

I have just upgraded from 10 and have gone straight to 11.2.0 and have discovered this bug as well. I use WAV files. It's happening with stereo interleaved and mono files. I also found another nasty where 2 audio streams were playing at the same time off one track!! I'm not sure what I did to create it and have not been able to reproduce that one. It happened while I was trying to work out exactly what's going on with the "heal separation" issue.

Cheers
Jerry
Old 11-14-2014, 04:51 PM

Hello!

Just making known that this is still a real problem.

Heal Separation does not work correctly in Pro Tools 11. I am now using Pro Tools 11.2.1

Command-H blows away regions and change edits entirely!

This annoying bug has caused me some serious grief.

David
Old 11-16-2014, 10:56 AM

I would drop back to PT 11.1.3 until Avid fixes the bug.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:55 PM

Default Horrible Heal bug in 11.2 HD (noticed with linked AAFs and MXF audio)

I can confirm as well that it happens in 11.2.2.

Is 11.1.3 free of this bug?

Last edited by laki; 12-22-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:47 PM

Default Heal Regions overlapping bug

First post here. If this report needs to be moved to a different forum or support channel, please advise.

The Heal regions (Apple + H) command seems to be bugging out for me. I use this feature quite often during editing on other versions of Pro Tools (PT10 and below) during heavy editing sessions.

I highlight entire track lengths (sometimes entire sessions) and heal the regions so I can more easily see where my edits versus where I simply separated a region, but did not move it around.

After upgrading to PT11, I discovered that this is not always the case and will not be able to use this feature, which I believe to be a bug.

Sometimes (and I have not yet pinpointed the dependent variables), my heals will extend the regions that have been edited, rather than leaving them alone and only affecting the static, separated regions.

I have uploaded a video to explain this issue more clearly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OQJ...xSzDFbKHHTrL1g

This issue was occurring in versions 11.2.3 as well as now 11.3.

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2014, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Heal Regions overlapping bug

Does this happen in EVERY session? Can you make a brand new session, with one track, and make this happen every time? If so, def a bug.

If we can reproduce it, I will submit it for you.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Heal Regions overlapping bug

It does it a lot in 11.2.x onwards, unpredictable and dangerous. I managed to reduce a session down to one track with three clips/two edits that demonstrates it. Happy to send it to anyone at Avid. Why is there no official channel to do things like that? Or is there? I have sent stuff to Paul V ages ago, is he still around?

Pete