Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-22-2013, 11:55 AM

Default 10.3.6 Problem with "Save Copy In"

Trying to upload a comp'ed session for a mix engineer who's running an earlier version of Pro Tools.
For some reason, I can't save a copy without it automatically forcing me to copy (duplicate) the audio files.
No reason to spend that extra time to upload and burn the hard drive space, as I simply want the session saved in a 7-9 format. All audio matches (24/48 bwf), so it's not a conversion issue.

Any ideas on how I can get those checkmarks "un-gray'ed?" Didn't seem to have this issue with 10.3.5

Old 06-22-2013, 12:02 PM

Default Re: 10.3.6 Problem with "Save Copy In"

I think that gets forced ON because of the earlier version's incompatibility with interleaved files...even if you're not using any. Though I see on your screenshot you do have a stereo track or two.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricWillhelm View Post
I think that gets forced ON because of the earlier version's incompatibility with interleaved files...even if you're not using any. Though I see on your screenshot you do have a stereo track or two.

Thanks, Eric!! DERRRR... I should have known that if I'd paid better attention in class.
So, if I go into my edit session and split those stereo files into mono l/r, I should be able to export/'save copy in' without duplicating?

Gonna try it now... Thank again for chiming in!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:07 PM

I THINK it stays greyed out just as a safeguard. If that's the case, yeah, just export it anyway and hand over the session file (and the split stereo files if need be).
Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 PM

see also here:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=317003
Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Hope they fix this.. I send stuff to Dub Stages and a lot of them are running PT 8 or something still. Have always export selected tracks as a new Protools session for them and I have sometimes a bit of stereo music Interleaved. I usually export them onto two track though. Hope they fix this one.
another reason to not be on 10.3.6 yet.. since I am not running HDX for at least another update or two.
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-24-2013, 01:59 PM

I'm confused as to what needs to be fixed. If there are interleaved files, then they indeed need to be split for use in older versions. If there aren't any, you just upload the session file sans audio files, and trash the dupe audio files.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I'm confused as to what needs to be fixed. If there are interleaved files, then they indeed need to be split for use in older versions. If there aren't any, you just upload the session file sans audio files, and trash the dupes.
That's what I think, but it seems to be a problem here..
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-24-2013, 05:40 PM

Lightbulb Re: 10.3.6 Problem with "Save Copy In"

If you think you found a bug, please log it at protools.ideascale.com.