Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2020, 04:23 PM

Default HDX Card Firmware Flash File - *Altered Title

I don't see the firmware update in my Products List for MTRX Studio. All I see is Dadman. Anytime I try to start Pro Tools, I get asked to update the firmware on the interface, but then it just fails out.

Product List Files:

MTRX Studio Firmware Versions:

Digitest Firmware Update Screen (note the firmware version in selected device and will update to version):

Can someone point me to the MTRX Studio firmware link in Download Center? I looked there too, but haven't been able to locate the flash file(s). I was able to locate the firmware files for MTRX, but when I try to use the 2.1.0.3 file the update says, "The flash file is not valid for this unit." When I try the 2.3.1.3 or 2.3.0.1 files for MTRX I get the same failure.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

-- Don

Last edited by DonRWatters; 06-17-2020 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Added one more image link for digitest
Old 06-15-2020, 12:55 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Firmware Flash File

So let me get this right, you're trying to update the mtrx with the Digitest firmware updater?
Thats not right, that is only to be used to update an hdx card.
From the top of my head: To update the mtrx you'll go to 'Device List' and right click on the mainboard item and you will see the option to upgrade or flash the mtrx.

Greetz,

Johnny

MTRX v.2.4.2.2 + dante card + madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MTRX-II v.1.0.5.2 + TB3 + 1x AD mic 8ch + 1x DA 8ch
+ madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MOM v.1.0.1.4 by DAD

Genelec 1237A Sam, Avantone active mixcubes
LA2a (1968), 1073 pre/eq, Neve RNHP, Wacom Intuos Pro
Furman P1400 AR E Power conditioner

Live-rack:
1x HD Native TB, 4x 192 I/O (64ch AD)
8x Yamaha HA-8 micpre, Rosendahl mif4,
Genelec 1031A, Presonus Monitor Station
Old 06-15-2020, 02:48 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Firmware Flash File

Your unit has the latest firmware so no need to upgrade.

Be aware that MTRX Studio requires PT 2020.3 if you connect via HDX/HDN.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:33 AM

Default HDX Card Firmware Flash File

Thanks to both of you for the help.

I think I understand now that the HDX Card is what is trying to be updated, and it's not the Firmware on the MTRX Studio. I think my confusion comes from Digitest saying that the Audio I/O tab is for updating the I/O peripheral, and Digitest shows that the device is on version 1, but wants it to be on version 3. No worries, we'll go with the HDX card needing the update from Pro Tools' perspective. When I go to Pro Tools, it shows this:

Then I click OK and see this:

Then it completes in about 10 seconds or so (I don't think it does anything) and I see this:

I've updated the Avid HD Driver, as instructed. I've gone through the reboot / relaunch cycle about 6 times, with the same result. This is a clean install, with almost nothing else running on the system (except Dante Controller). I assume that my next step is to update the HDX Firmware myself in Digitest, as it shows, update from version 1 to 3 in the previous post. If I search download center, I can't find anything related to HDX firmware. I've gone though the optimization instructions for Win 10 and have gone through the troubleshooting section. Making sure to run as an admiinistrator, DEP settings, etc. I don't know if these are related, but just to make sure that I am running everything as needed.

Sorry for the newbie-ness here. I've been using Pro Tools for about 11 years, but always had a Firewire or USB connected device like a Digi003 or an Eleven Rack. Connecting via HDX is a different experience for me. Thanks again for the help. It's greatly appreciated.

-- Don
Old 06-17-2020, 02:25 PM

Default HDX Studio Firmware Flash File

I resolved the issue by resetting the HDX card, after submitting a support request. Although no one responded to the support case, I just decided to do the reset, since it was the only thing that I hadn't tried. It all works now.

I used this reference, in case others have a similar issue and are looking for more information: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...just%20restart).