Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-24-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Major Trouble with 003. Please help!

Well, I finally "upgraded" from the 001 on a G4 to an 003 on a Macbook Pro (10.4.9, 2 gig RAM, 1.83 mhz). I have several issues. BIG issues.
Let's start with the fact that I configured my system according to Digi's specs, have the most recent updates for ProTools AND the Mac (combo update, script runner, etc).

Anyway, I opened the box yesterday. Here are my issues:

Issue #1 (the biggest):
In all but one case of trying open protools, the 003 will not link. I get the error message from PT that "It cannot communicate with the 003." In one case, I actually got the firewire link led to blink and at one other point it did come on and link. This was only after I changed the cable from the one sent by Digi. This is the biggest issue, because obviously if it won't link, it won't work.

Issue #2: When I power up the 003, it clicks seemingly loud, blinks all the lights and then settles in with the mute button on. However, the Firewire link led does not light. At one point it was blinking. When I fire up protools, it it clicks again as it is "Setting up peripherals." Is this normal? It's a fairly loud click.

Issue #3: In the one time I was able to get it to link and open PT, it would not play (that stupid problem of going from play to pause suddenly). Are there any fixes for this yet?

Issue #4: Again, in the ONE time I was able to open the software all the way, when I changed the clock to read the Word clock from my Tascam Digital mixer, it would not play and and gave me a clock error. After changing the clock back to default, it gave me the same error. No clock setting would NOT give me an error.

Anyway, please help! Is my box defective? I did buy it on ebay (maybe that was a mistake) but it did appear to be brand new.

Thanks for the help.