Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-06-2009, 05:41 PM

Default The 2009 Winter NAMM Show: Another Opportunity to Meet

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday (I got a much needed couple of weeks off myself and feel fully recharged and reinvigorated). It’s my first day back in the office (lot’s of catch-up), and with The 2009 Winter NAMM Show already upon us (well, next week anyhow) it’s time to offer those of you who are going to be at the show some time to get together and talk shop. If you’re interested in setting aside about 30 minutes to meet and talk about what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and what it all means for Pro Tools, please contact me with what you would like to talk about and 2-3 times that would work for you on either the Thursday the 15th, or Friday the 16th during the show hours (we can meet at Digidesign booth) and I’ll book it.

I look forward to getting to meet as many of you as I can, and I encourage any of you looking to speak directly to us to reach out. To those of you that can make it – see-ya’ at the show!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Re: The 2009 Winter NAMM Show: Another Opportunity to Meet

Hi Scott, once again i think you're doing a great job here - offering your time for open feedback from PT users. If i'd be in the U.S. i'd try to get in touch for sure!!

Toby
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM

can't wait for the sneak peak of PT9
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM

Hi Tobias and Cliffy,

Tobias - thanks for the nice words, but anytime we can get time with customers it's you guys who are doing us the favor. So I appreciate everyone that's reached out. Cliff - I hate to disappoint you, but no Pro Tools 9 at NAMM ;-)

Cheers,
Scott
Old 01-08-2009, 05:56 PM

how about the 8.1 UI fix it back the way it was update?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Hi, Scott,

Every year I am so busy at this time, I really wish I could fly over. But I can't yet again!
It is very reasuring to see your invitation, though. Even if you say you are doing us a favor by meeting us, users, I would think that not many companies have this "strategic" thinking and that is why I found myself saying: Yes! That is the kind of company I want to support! It was a right move!
On a more directed comment, can you tell us where to find what Digidesign is going to present at the NAMM show? Maybe a new Command 8 - c|8 -, for sure? Anything else you can tell us - or direct to a place where we can read about?
Thank you!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Digi is usually pretty tight lipped about what is coming out. On the first day of the show, check the Digi home page. They usually put story "New at NAMM '09" or something to that effect in the headlines on the home page. You won't be able to miss it. As for getting that information before next thursday... I wouldn't expect anyone to say anything official.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G. Killa View Post
Digi is usually pretty tight lipped about what is coming out. On the first day of the show, check the Digi home page. They usually put story "New at NAMM '09" or something to that effect in the headlines on the home page. You won't be able to miss it. As for getting that information before next thursday... I wouldn't expect anyone to say anything official.
Ok! Thanks! A thing that worries me the most is the future of HD. I just bought it, but I know it is 8 years old. Despite of the worry, I am loving it! So, really, my worry is purely about my money investment - but still worried.
With regards to new products, after Pro Tools 8, C|24, D-Comand ES, all darkened, I thought they would come up with C|8 and maybe some new I/O interfaces to go with the new darker look of Pro Tools.

Anyone?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:31 PM

In the press release for the NAMM show it said "new audio interfaces" as of last night but its now been edited and removed. Did anyone else catch that?
Old 01-10-2009, 04:00 PM

I'll make a lucky guess and say that there will be more M-Audio products introduced at this show than high end products...

and thanks Scott for the open invitation, would have loved to attend however I'll be in Berlin...
but hopefully highlights will be taped and posted on your blog...

One other point I want to make is that...
As a long time ProTools user and a DUC member the last year has been the best experience as far as product innovation and Digi's willigness to be more transparent and forthcoming in these forums.
Enjoying PT8 very much... yes there can be changes and improvements made as suggested in other forums but overall it is a great upgrade.
Good luck at the show.