Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2014, 07:10 AM

Default Issues with playback speed, nothing seems to help!

Okay, I have tried a lot of the troubleshooting suggested in many threads but I cannot seem to fix this problem. I know it is a sample rate conversion problem but see if you guys can help me with this.

I did a recording session on protocols 8 with the focusrite MK2 preamp hooked to my digi 003 rack via optical. I had to the focusrite set to 48Kbps but the session was set at 44.1. I had the audio clock set to optical from the focus right to avoid clicks. I had forgotten my word clock cable so that was my mistake to begin with.When I went to mix down it was playing slow so I hooked up The optical cable and set the clock to optical. The playback was fine but when I bounce the mixes and import to iTunes it was still playing slow. I troubleshooted and they said to go into the workspace find the audio files and change them over to 48Kbps. After doing that I was still having problems with the speed.it plays at the correct speed but still bounces slow. I have tried bouncing at both rates, I have tried opening new sessions and importing the audio at the proper rate. The only thing I could get to make any difference was my first stereo bounce I made before I changed anything I dragged into a new session and I was able to get that to play and bounce at the proper speed. I would really like to have the whole session be able to play and bounce at the proper speed. I'm sure there is more information I am missing but after doing all the troubleshooting it is still giving me a problem. Please let me know if you have any ideas, thank you

Last edited by brunofunk; 11-18-2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Reply settings
Old 11-18-2014, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Issues with playback speed, nothing seems to help!

One solution is to import all the audio into a new 48K session and DO NOT allow SRC(sample rate conversion). No doubt, PT will give you a message but just ignore and import. You have 48K audio that "thinks" its 44.1

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave