Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2016, 12:37 AM

Default Disable "HDMI audio device" when plugIn any TFT monitor

Hi guys,

I am on Mavericks 10.9.5 with a MacBookPro 2014 and use two different TFT monitors via HDMI and thunderbolt->HDMI. I work in LogicPro9 for the music and switch over to PT12 for my session with picture and sound.

Problem: any time I plugIn or switch on any monitor, each LogicPro9 and ProTools12 is nerving me with automatic messages:

LogicPro9:
"LogicPro searching your system for audio devices and found device "HDMI". If you want to use this device, don't cancel the connection while searching.
Do you want to use this device?
- Yes / No"

ProTools 12:
"Pro Tools has no connection to HDMI. Quit Pro Tools, replug this device and restart Pro Tools.
- Save / Quit"

As it is every time this is annoying me and I want to deactivate it. Especially PT is crazy, after waiting couple of minutes to load my huge 100min session, it let's me only quit everything, no "cancel".
I searched in audio-midi-setup, but can't find a checkbox for HDMI or else. Shouldn't there be a option to disable this automatic search by OSX?

Any help or suggestion is welcome. Thx