Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 11:25 AM

Default when bouncing - I get BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error windows 10

purchased brand new computer and all updated software as of 4 months ago - everything working flawlessly since- I've installed nothing new.. works perfectly fine otherwise - handles all recording and mixing! BUT...when i BOUNCE (offline).. it hangs up and causes blue screen of death - and restarts windows.
causes " whea_uncorrectable_error "

any clue what this is, why I'm getting it, or how to fix? I've googled and not coming up with anything relevant.

Thank you for your thoughts.
S
Old 05-06-2019, 12:12 PM

Default Re: when bouncing - I get BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error windows 10

Bounce offline attempts to do faster than realtime. However, some plugins don't like faster than realtime. So if Bounce online works but offline doesn't, I'd look at what plugins you are using. Or at least start with bouncing an empty test file with absolutely no plugins offline to see if that works. If that does, then you need to start narrowing down on plugins.

I see you use UAD. I can't remember if those plugins play well with offline bounce but that'd be the first thing I'd look at (since UAD plugins have to go through a buffer to talk to the DSP and a buffer back, they are a lot like hardware inserts when used inside a host DAW)
Old 05-06-2019, 12:24 PM

thanks for your tips - I'll give it a try....It's so strange for it all to work for so long perfectly.. daily use.. bouncing perfect all day.. everyday.. then months later all of a sudden this.. will try whatever it takes. this is slowing me down to a snail's pace and is beyond frustrating.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:43 PM

Definitely a good suggestion to try the online bounce and see if that helps.

Also, when you say nothing has changed, are you also taking into account windows updates and driver updates? If your system is on the internet and Windows updates have been installed, there is a good chance that something is no longer compatible in your system.

If this is the case, make sure you have updated your hardware drivers, including graphics and audio. Then make sure you have the latest version of the plugins you are using.

System Details
Old 05-09-2019, 04:43 PM

wow - so I tried it and ONLINE bounce works great - it's only OFFLINE bounce that does this.
No other Pro Tools function makes this error happen.. can have 40 tracks loaded and edit/mix all day long.. but offline bounce does it.. and not everytime.. 70% of the time.. can reboot, try again - 50/50 chance it'll offline bounce fine.

things get worse - I went to update Windows - it was half way through.. and did the SAME blue screen error mentioned.. so it won't even update Windows now.. so, I tried rolling back to a previous restore from a few week ago.. restore worked.. but still get offline bounce BSOD.. UNinstalled last Windows Update...still does it.. So I'm stuck in this position where I've rolled everything back... the symptom remains.. and now Windows won't even update.

Could this be a hardware problem? a drive about to die? I don't have a clue now what to do next... I'm cornered. Appreciate your thoughts.

S
Old 05-09-2019, 05:10 PM

Uninstall all your UAD software and disconnect the hardware. Restart the computer. Download the latest UAD software and install and reconnect the hardware. Restart. Try again

You also haven't mentioned if offline bounce with absolutely nothing on a track works (no plugins -- doesn't even need any audio; it'll just create a blank file)