Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2012, 03:51 PM

Default First-time protools user,no sound

Hey this is my first protools,have only used reason 6.5,sonar x1 and x2,ableton 8 and I cant seem to get audio.I dont really understand how to route things either.I have watched videos and read the protools 10 help file but no luck.I dropped a stereo instrument track into a blank project.Then I opened the drum plugin 'Boom"as an insert in that track.Under setup/IO I checked and my ua-25 audio interface seems to be routed and connected.My apro500 midi controller also seems to be set up to protools.When I press a midi key the led track indicators light up but I hear no sound.My speakers are plugged in and are on.Can someone please give me a hand?It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:18 PM

Default Re: First-time protools user,no sound

Try the MiniGrand plugin to test midi. I have also never been able to trigger BOOM from an external controller(not sure it was built to do that).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-30-2012, 05:25 PM

really?I know its a drum sequencer right?But it should serve as a drum machine also right?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 AM

open boom. click on the drum mixer labels. Kick, snare, tom, etc....It does play in a certain octave using a keyboard. The map is C1 to D#2. This would be the lower octave in your keyboard. On a 49 key controller, you need to put the keyboard down an octave to play all the notes. If it's the first track with midi, it will play, other wise, select that track and arm it to record. If you saw a content error, you have to locate the boom.big file on your CD or installation file.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:49 PM

actually my midi keyboard is triggering bbom as I see the track led's light up but there is a static like noise coming out of my monitors and I know the monitors and interface are working fina cause I opened them in reason6,ableton 8 and sonar x2 and they work fine.