Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Multiple songs per session...

I am recording some lectures for school and want there to be a different CD track for each section without having to open up a new session for each one. It will all be one long lecture, but I need to insert CD tracks (Yes, I am stating the same thing two different ways so that there isn't any miscommunication regarding what my need/ questions is). How do I do this in a session? I haven't even looked in my manual yet, nor have I even searched the menu options...I just need a quick answer, if possible. Thanks y'all.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Multiple songs per session...

Normally, you don't do this in a session, you do it with the CD burning software.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM

WaveLab and SOund Forge(or is it sonic foundry?) both let you insert track markers in a long piece of audio. When you burn the disc, make sure you select whether you want space or no space(i.e. silence) between "tracks".

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-12-2007, 01:59 PM

I set up markers at each track break. Then I select the audio from the start marker to the end marker, and bounce each song (track) one at a time. Then I import these tracks into my CD burning program and set the time between tracks to zero seconds.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:06 AM

CD Architect will let you drop track markers, and even track index markers, so you could have multiple cue points within each track. NERO also gives you that option to drop markers, but since the release of version 7, I haven't even been able to get NERO to load. Had to switch to Roxio, but don't see a "drop track marker" option.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 PM

Open your session, import the audio from the lecture. As it plays insert markers where you want the tracks to start by hitting "enter" on the numeric pad. Your markers will be set up in numerical order.

Once you have the markers set up, bounce each song by selecting the start and end marker. For example, if your song starts at marker 1 and ends on marker 2, hit ".1." hold down shift and then ".2." That will select the audio for track 1. Track 2 would be ".2.", hold shift, and then ".3." and so on.

Once it is selected, bounce it to disk. Do this for each song/track and you should be good.

Hope this helped,

Mike