Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-17-2017, 10:51 PM

Default Community PSA Pro Tools 12 crashing on PT 10/11 sessions

Hi All,
I was opening some older client files and was having the darnedest time.

Everytime, Pro Tools 12.8.2 would crash. It would crash as the audio files were being loaded. Pro Tools itself would launch and then the app would crash with the "Submit to Avid" dialog box.

As an old school user, I did all the usual: PT Prefs, Import Session Data to a new session, Moving All my plugs out and 're-adding' sets of plugins back.

However, Pro Tools 12.8.2 was launching fine and none of my plugs are older than 2015.

Here's how I finally got these sessions to open:
Launched the Session with SHIFT held down to have all plugs Disabled.

Then by activating them one at a time, (with a "Command + Control + Mouseclick) I found that IK Multimedia's Amplitube 3 was the source of the crash in these sessions. Even though I have Amplitube 4, I had left the last version of Amplitube 3 in my Plug Ins folder. Sloppy of me, I know.

I am posting this for anyone else who is wrestling with older 10/11 Pro Tools sessions that are crashing while loading the audio into the cache. It's really sad when the progress bar disappears and the Crash Dialog box is staring you in the face.

Hopefully it helps someone. RnR

Last edited by blackmacdaddy; 11-18-2017 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typo