How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 12-30-2008, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Korg NanoKontrol & PT LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelcollins View Post
Thanks for that dude. I was toying with the idea but probably wont bother.

I may however get the Nanopad for the old BFD, unless theres similar issues..
NanoPad working fine here... You may need to remap the notes to your preference but it's easy with the KorgKontrol editor thing... The different scenes are convenient too..

Now I'm just looking for creative ways to use the X-Y pad (not just roll & flam..)
Old 12-31-2008, 09:45 AM

Unhappy Re: Korg NanoKontrol & PT LE

Hi, could someone please send me the .nktrl_set file for the nanoKONTROL that is programmed to work with ProTools? I have been reading the guides required to set it up, and have been struggling with trying to figure it out for about a week now. I even have a support ticket on file with Digidesign. I purchased a nanoKONTROL thinking that it would be a simple and very portable controller for my newly acquired Mbox2 and ProTools 8, which I plan to use for my Music Technology college major. Any insight and a copy of the .nktrl_set file would be wonderful! Thank you so MUCH! My email is kdaffolder(at)bsu(dot)edu (<--sorry, did that because of spam)

Peace!
-Kyle

Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.5)
Macbook Pro
Mbox 2
ProTools 8.0
2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
2 GB RAM

Last edited by kdaffolder; 12-31-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo and added computer specs/information below.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:28 PM

i also purchased the nano-same problems as every one else- please help-
[email protected]
thanks-
andy
Old 01-03-2009, 07:40 PM

Red face Re: Korg NanoKontrol & PT LE

this might be helpful-
dual 867 mhz-PPC G4
2GB ram
LE-6.4 DIGI-001 module
Old 01-03-2009, 07:59 PM

Red face Re: Korg NanoKontrol & PT LE

this might be helpful-
dual 867 mhz-PPC G4
2GB ram
LE-6.4 DIGI-001 module
Old 01-03-2009, 08:00 PM

it's 10.3.9 and not 10.4.11 sorry i'm so spaced right now
Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsr600 View Post
I got it to work using the CS-10 legacy support...
it was a bit of a pain programming it though, make sure it's set
to send on Midi Channel 16 and note the CC#'s listed in the PT help file
are in hexadecimal and need to be converted to decimal before you put them into Korg's editor. Also I couldn't get the pan to really work at all, I have one of the buttons set to change the mode and even when I'm in the right mode it won't select the channel for panning unless there's a plugin activated somewhere... i dunno it's weird...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsr600 View Post
hmm I can't post files... just pm me your email
Hello. I am having the same issue as the everyone else. Could you send me the correct file via email? bambu.asiatic @ gmail.com

Thank you in advance!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR1710 View Post
You/ve got to get the Korg Kontrol Editor from Korg.com.. thats first if you want assign different controls to the knobs and faders.... Korg is wierd with their USB drivers i have 3 Korg pieces MIDI... 2 usb... make sure in your device manager that it shows up KORG MIDI Device, not just USB Device, it has to say Korg, then you know its installed right...let me know if that is NOT your problem... I have mine working great in PT 8.. I didnt have to do much to it for what I wanted.. Im using it for my Instrument controls, its so mint... BUT my problem is the Map Settings will not save each time I open the Plug... Know anything about that???

I'd really appreciate if someone could email me at [email protected].

I'm just looking for help with this on PT8...My comp wont read the CS-10 dll file, it may have to do with the digidesign file only be a PT 7.4 file, not an 8.0. Not to mention if anyone could send me the best .nktrl_set file, that'd be ridiculously generous. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgers12 View Post
I'd really appreciate if someone could email me at [email protected].

I'm just looking for help with this on PT8...My comp wont read the CS-10 dll file, it may have to do with the digidesign file only be a PT 7.4 file, not an 8.0. Not to mention if anyone could send me the best .nktrl_set file, that'd be ridiculously generous. Thanks.
Okay...Check this out. I'm not sure what this .nktrl_set file is but you can download everything that you need from the Korg website. Also....Sweetwater has step by step instructions on how to set the NanoKontrol up with Pro Tools (and they have already found the links for you..) Follow the link

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...&Keyword=33031

I haven't set it up yet but this will be the 1st thing I attempt to do when I get home. I hope this helps everyone.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambu View Post
Okay...Check this out. I'm not sure what this .nktrl_set file is but you can download everything that you need from the Korg website. Also....Sweetwater has step by step instructions on how to set the NanoKontrol up with Pro Tools (and they have already found the links for you..) Follow the link

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...&Keyword=33031

I haven't set it up yet but this will be the 1st thing I attempt to do when I get home. I hope this helps everyone.
Ya this is what I've been following, its actually where I first heard about all this stuff...but the problem is that I cant get my pro tools to see the JL cooper cs-10 file in the peripherals. The .dll files are in the correct place, but for whatever reason, my comp wont see it as in installed midi controller, which is necessary to get this emulation to work. I am using PT8 btw. Thanks to anyone who has any ideas.