Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2009, 03:16 PM

Default First load of the day a NO-GO!??

8 out of 10 times I load my machine for the first time in the morning, pro-tools will open, but when you push play... The audio sounds like its going through a cheese grater (crackly, stuttery and distorted) and the scroll bar just is not there.

If I quit tools and re-open... It works fine. Ultimately not the biggest issue in the world, but time consuming and frustrating to say the least...

Any Ideas with this one?

Thanks

G
Old 02-11-2009, 04:39 PM

Default Re: First load of the day a NO-GO!??

PT version? OS? computer?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:59 PM

PC-XP, 002 mixer, 7.4
Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 PM

Welcome to Pro Tools man, to be honest with you man I havent got the time to spend listing all the problems I have encountered with the various sytems other than my own that have occured for me.And my own system is okay but not perfect.It's probably like an adolecent teenager.

My university was a great learning point because I was on a decent level with the monitors/caretakers there and they practaclly had to remember various errors and note them and quote what was wrong with PT 50% of the time.

It is volatile.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethseager View Post
8 out of 10 times I load my machine for the first time in the morning, pro-tools will open, but when you push play... The audio sounds like its going through a cheese grater (crackly, stuttery and distorted) and the scroll bar just is not there.

If I quit tools and re-open... It works fine. Ultimately not the biggest issue in the world, but time consuming and frustrating to say the least...

Any Ideas with this one?

Thanks

G
This could be several things. Are you putting the computer to sleep? Are you power cycling your hardware before launching Pro Tools?