Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 08-10-2008, 09:40 PM

Unhappy is there a driver yet for m-audio fast track ultra?

I have an iMac,266 Ghz,2GB ram, with Leopard OSX 10.5.4. I have an m-audio interface, the Fast Track Ultra. I am installing Pro Tools M-Powered, version 7.4. In the printed Getting Started guide which came with the software, on pp. 15-16, under the heading " Installing M-Audio Drivers" it lists drivers for various M-Audio interfaces. The Fast Track Ultra is not listed, but I made sure that the Fast Track Ultra was a Digidesign qualified interface before I purchased it and the Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 software. I have not installed the Pro Tools software yet, since I cannot find the driver for my interface. And I have not registered the software yet, since I have not installed it. What am I to do? How am I to proceed? I very much want to play with this new stuff, but I want to go about it the right way. Help!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:48 PM

Default more on this thread

Oh, just so you know- I have read the update info about the Fast Track Ultra being qualified, and about Pro Tools update 7.4cs3. But I cannot download any updates yet, since I haven't installed or registered 7.4, because it says I must install a driver for the interface first, and no driver for the Fast Track Ultra is included with my 7.4 software- sort of a catch 22, yes?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by montelee View Post
Oh, just so you know- I have read the update info about the Fast Track Ultra being qualified, and about Pro Tools update 7.4cs3. But I cannot download any updates yet, since I haven't installed or registered 7.4, because it says I must install a driver for the interface first, and no driver for the Fast Track Ultra is included with my 7.4 software- sort of a catch 22, yes?
You can get the latest driver from the M-Audio website - it wasn't included on your CD most likely because it wasn't available at the time the package was created.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...d5f&OS=75#tabs