How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 AM

Question Inactive Inputs help please!

Hey Everybody
I'm guessing there is an easy answer to this that I am missing out, however, as I am fairly new to PT I figured I would ask the pros since I'm not making any progress with this.

I have PT10 installed on my MacBook Pro. I record in my rehearsal space using a Presonus 10 channel interface. When I leave the rehearsal space and go home I usually don't have an interface so when I open the PT session I'm usually running direct out of my laptop's audio out. So I know PT automatically adjusts my i/o settings to make this happen.
When I return to the rehearsal space and connect my interface all of my inputs are greyed out and I have to go in and reassign them all again even though they already show the correct assignment in the greyed out portion. Is there a way to reassign them automatically or all at once. It kind of sucks having to reassign each input every time. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 AM

Hold the option key while changing one output and it will do it to all of them...

Hope that helps :)

Db

Arcadianrecords.com
Soundmatrixstudios.com
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Inactive Inputs help please!

Ahh yeah I do know about the option key. However, I was hoping to find a way so that the inputs go in ascending order (i.e. kick mic input 1, snare mic input 2 etc.). When I use the option key it seems to turn all of the tracks to the same input.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Ohhhh my bad I thought you meant outputs.... In that case hold option + command. That SHOULD put them in accending order :)
Old 11-11-2012, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Inactive Inputs help please!

What you need to do is save two of the same sessions .
the first with all your i/o the way you want it . and another so that when you open it the i/o doesn't get lost . then just import everything into the first session with your i/o.
Or you could just duplicate your tracks and make them inactive for standalone use and use your duplicates instead. Drag any revised tracks onto the actual track . No remapping at all . Just make sure to set them as inactive

Thats how I would do it but there is probably is a better way.