How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2019, 08:46 AM

Default disappearing Air plugs...

Hi all...

I just clean installed Windows 10 on my computer, from W7.

I'm installed and am successfully using PT 10.3

I also installed PT11, which has never worked correctly on my PC, and still won't.

So, now, in PT10, the Air collection, which appeared in my W7 days, is no longer to be found. It does show up in my PT11 arsenal.

I have tons of sessions on PT10 with Air plugs, so I need to resolve this.

What might I be missing? Thoughts?

I have searched my hard drive and can find the actual plug files, but not sure how or if I should manually copy them and put them in a PT 10 plug in folder? Not even sure exactly where that folder resides...

Thanks for whatever help you can offer!
Old 04-30-2019, 09:12 AM
Avid

Default Re: disappearing Air plugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly View Post
Hi all...

I just clean installed Windows 10 on my computer, from W7.

I'm installed and am successfully using PT 10.3

I also installed PT11, which has never worked correctly on my PC, and still won't.

So, now, in PT10, the Air collection, which appeared in my W7 days, is no longer to be found. It does show up in my PT11 arsenal.

I have tons of sessions on PT10 with Air plugs, so I need to resolve this.

What might I be missing? Thoughts?

I have searched my hard drive and can find the actual plug files, but not sure how or if I should manually copy them and put them in a PT 10 plug in folder? Not even sure exactly where that folder resides...

Thanks for whatever help you can offer!

Hi,

This might be a factor.

Pro Tools 10 and 11 are both not supported to run on Windows 10.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart
Old 04-30-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi,

This might be a factor.

Pro Tools 10 and 11 are both not supported to run on Windows 10.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart
Thank you… I had not considered that. Interestingly, they are both working as it is on windows 10, although PT 11 has always been buggy on my system, so I don’t trust it enough to run it solo.

That being said… I am betting there is a workaround, and I will figure it out with a bunch of legwork, but was hoping somebody on here would know how to take the Air plug in files and maybe put them in ProTools 10 plug-in folder?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:01 PM

Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 are not supported for co-install. However, if you want to try it:

A successful co-install requires (32-bit) Pro Tools 10 plus Avid Virtual Instruments 10.0 to be installed first, before installing (64-bit) Pro Tools 11 plus AIR Creative Collection Instruments and AIR Creative Collection Effects. Installers available in your Avid Account, under My Products and Subscriptions.

Pro Tools 10/11/12 Co-install Information
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ll-Information

Please also see:
Avid Knowledge Base - AIR Virtual Instruments and Effects are missing after installing Pro Tools. These include Boom, DB-33, Mini Grand, Structure Free, Vacuum, Xpand2!, AIR Chorus, AIR Dynamic Delay, AIR FuzzWah, AIR Phaser, etc.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-Tools-install

Good luck – please post your result!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 04-30-2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 05-02-2019, 06:53 AM

Interestingly, I have both PT 10 and PT 11 coexisting on Wndows 10, both 64-bit.

The current sessions that I am running are fairly small, and PT 11 hasn’t really been tested fully with this configuration, but I don’t even need PT 11 to run well, if I can get 10 working well.

All of that being said, I’m thinking that my interest now is to figure out which folder in PT 10 houses plug-ins, and where I can find the Air Plug-ins on my system to perhaps copy and paste them into the PD 10 plug ins folder.

I had the exact same set up last year w. W7, and had to reformat my hard drive, reinstall everything, which worked just fine, so the only change is Windows 10. I suppose I could uninstall PT 11 to see if the Air plug-ins magically appear, but I am doubtful.

One workaround, involving the only thing missing on my system now, is a free or very inexpensive fuzz/overdrive/distortion plug-in. That is likely the only plug in the Air collection that I used frequently.

Any continuing thoughts?
Old 05-02-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly View Post
....which folder in PT 10 houses plug-ins, and where I can find the Air Plug-ins on my system to perhaps copy and paste them into the PD 10 plug ins folder.
The Pro Tools 10 (AAX) Plug-Ins are here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

The Pro Tools 11 Plug-Ins are here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

AIR Presets (Default location) are here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AIR Music Technology
I copied the individual Presets and pasted them here:
C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings

Don't copy & paste the Plug-Ins - there are separate Installers for 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The 64-bit versions are a larger size.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!