Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM

Default Problem detected with audio clock. Check your clock source and sample rate.

I recently installed Pro Tools 10 HD about a week ago. Every time I try to record or playback anything I get this error that says "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your audio clock and sample rate are correct."

I've gotten the error to go away TWICE by changing buffer sizes, # of processors, cpu usage, and cache size. However, it never fails for this error to come back if I ever decide to exit Pro Tools.

Audio clock is set to INTERNAL, sample rate is 48 kHz.

If I need to provide more information please let me know. I'm eager for this frustration to leave me.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Toshiba Satellite L505, 4GB ram, i3 processor, "Realtek High Definition Audio", Windows 7 x64, MBox Mini 2, Pro Tools 10 HD version 10.3.0.28
Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Problem detected with audio clock. Check your clock source and sample rate.

Okay, I've got the play back working with THIS setting:

Buffer Size: 1024
Processors: 2
Cpu Usage: 99%
Ignore errors: [x]
Delay compensation engine: None
Cache size: 256

Then when I restarted, it won't work again. I'm beginning to give up on pro tools.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Problem detected with audio clock. Check your clock source and sample rate.

Can someone please help me?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:55 AM

Oh ya - what a help ! I just purchase a Scarlett & and come to find out ,after all these years ,it still wont work with my P-Tools 9. I too am considering alternatives after many years of Pro Tools heartache.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:30 AM

Just a guess but I get the same clock message with the Scarlet 2i4 and Pro Tools 9.0.6. Make sure that your current interface session settings match the settings set up in PT's, (I.E.) 44.1 or 48. Also turn off sounds in Windows. Like I said, just guessing. I hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 AM

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!
Awfully tough to offer help with so little info. Some observations:
i3 is a budget processor and Pro Tools needs POWER.
4GB of RAM is dead minimum for running Windows, never mind PT.
Are you recording to a separate(and approved) hard drive?
Have you done ALL the REQUIRED system tweaks?
I bet your budget laptop has integrated graphics-not good for PT.
Not every sound card works(a real interface is a better option).
Audacity or Reaper might be a better option for this laptop

to DPA, if you haven't yet, you need to start your own thread and include a Sandra report on your system. Without that, nobody can help

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM

Hi, I'm having issues right now with an Avid S5 and I was wondering if they are they same issues you're having. From what I can tell, it seems to be a clocking issue. Several times now, after a period of use (usually several hours) the console will "freeze up" and all the audio meters will go to red and the console will not longer pass audio. A console restart fixes this issue. However, I've had to repeat this process now several times in the past couple days and it seems to happen randomly and sometimes in the middle of working.

Also, a new phenomena that has been happening has been clicks and pops that sound like jitter when Pro Tools is not open on the computer. I'm curious as to why there would be any difference whether Pro Tools is open or not and how that would effect the jitter. Also, just want to get this thing to stop "freezing" to where it needs a full restart on a regular basis. Any thoughts? Seems like a clocking issue to me?
Old 08-10-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuppie View Post
Hi, I'm having issues right now with an Avid S5 and I was wondering if they are they same issues you're having. From what I can tell, it seems to be a clocking issue. Several times now, after a period of use (usually several hours) the console will "freeze up" and all the audio meters will go to red and the console will not longer pass audio. A console restart fixes this issue. However, I've had to repeat this process now several times in the past couple days and it seems to happen randomly and sometimes in the middle of working.

Also, a new phenomena that has been happening has been clicks and pops that sound like jitter when Pro Tools is not open on the computer. I'm curious as to why there would be any difference whether Pro Tools is open or not and how that would effect the jitter. Also, just want to get this thing to stop "freezing" to where it needs a full restart on a regular basis. Any thoughts? Seems like a clocking issue to me?
Once again, start a new thread and give the following information:
1-Complete details on the computer(its not possible to give too much info)
2-Complete details on ALL hardware and how its all connected.
3-Complete details on what you have tried so far
4-Have you done ALL the required system tweaks?
Without this info, nobody will be able to offer any help

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave