Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 05-11-2014, 04:36 PM

Default Instrument Expansion Pack as VST and AU!!!

Well I'll be damned, is this true?
http://airmusictech.com

Looks like Avid has finally shared something with the outside world!! (indirectly of course, but effective just the same) it took 2 years after the sale of AIR to inMusic for them to create other plug in formats, but its there
No more need to run Pro Tools as a rewire slave, I can finally hang up my troll suit for good!!
Old 05-11-2014, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Instrument Expansion Pack as VST and AU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicccer View Post
Well I'll be damned, is this true?
http://airmusictech.com

Looks like Avid has finally shared something with the outside world!! (indirectly of course, but effective just the same) it took 2 years after the sale of AIR to inMusic for them to create other plug in formats, but its there
No more need to run Pro Tools as a rewire slave, I can finally hang up my troll suit for good!!
The AIR plug-ins as VST was on the to-do list radar when Avid still owned them. It's good to finally see them ported over. I actually wouldn't mind seeing some of Avid's current plug-ins ported over to VST. I'd definitely put them to use.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 05-12-2014, 12:39 PM

Default Re: A Game Changer!!-Pro Tools AS a Rewire Slave-with RME TotalMix!! &collectively64b

Actually it wasn't on the to-do list for Avid. Not that it matters now. But it took pushing a decade for the air instruments to be released in other formats. When asking the long time moderators here about it their responses were "rtas can't be converted into vst because of technical problems blah blah" and my favorite "it would be a copyright infringement to make a different format"
So then when AIR was sold their first prioity was that... thing... called ignite. Which was is so completely unneeded and only serves to sell maudio controllers. Other formats of the expansion pack was their last priority and they probably would have taken longer if it weren't for their angry customers who were demanding them.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:18 PM

Default Re: A Game Changer!!-Pro Tools AS a Rewire Slave-with RME TotalMix!! &collectively64b

There where many things in development and on the internal radar prior to the sale of AIR to inMusic. VST support was one of them. There were a handful of us who were big advocates of this at the time. Some of our crazy workarounds were, well, pretty crazy. A majority of the AIR instruments are 7 years old now. This team came from Avid's purchase of Wizoo in 2005, who were developers of VST, AU and RTAS plug-ins. First out the door from AIR was Xpand(developed from Wizoo Hypersonic) and Hybrid. These were followed by Strike(developed from Wizoo Latigo & Darbuka), Velvet, and the others. Though it's good to finally see support for other formats, it's been a long time coming. I'm glad I don't have to do those old crazy workarounds anymore.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 12-07-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diccer View Post
bashville
The great thing here (as you can see) is that you don't need ANY external cables, No external midi cables. Its all virtual and low latency.
The file thing is a tradeoff. But just save both daw sessions to one folder and keep the aliases next to one another so launching your setup is faster.

I also think of this as a CLEAN way to get all of your favorite audio into your favorite daw that otherwise wouldn't be accessible (at least conveniently)

Then after recording, if your daw is Pro Tools, you can change you audio device back to the core card and Mix down from there with tighter control over everything..
Hey Diccer

I've been looking for this kind of solution to connect Ableton to Pro Tools for sounddesigning to picture.
So i could send my edits in PT through aux-tracks to my Ableton efx-chains via the TotalMix software of RME back into PT?
And i can use the ADAT channels as virtual cables, so taking as example a Babyface Pro (with 8 ins and 8 outs ADAT) i could have 16 virtual mono channels available?

Nicolas
Pro Tools 2022.9
Old 12-07-2018, 05:54 PM

You are posting to an old thread started by somebody who’s Last activity here was 4 years ago. My guess is they are not going to reply.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:12 AM

ah damn didn't see it. it's just that you bump so much on this old threads and sometimes they do answer you after a long time of not posting on it
Pro Tools 2022.9