Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2016, 01:10 AM

Default "Not connected" even if PTControl is displayed in My surfaces

I get all sorts of connection issues with this app. I had it in the past and have them now.

After updating Eucontrol, iOs10 and the app i got to a point where i can see the App in "My surfaces" and the icon is white on the system tray (Windows 8.1 Pro). PT Control displays "not connected" in red though and doesnt sync to anything.

I noticed in the Workstations panel my computer is always on the left. If i move it to the right to "My Workstations" nothing happens anyway.

Any idea on how to solve this?
Old 10-20-2016, 03:39 AM

Default Re: "Not connected" even if PTControl is displayed in My surfaces

Same problem here....
If I set up an additional router just for the iPad, it works. But I don't have enough LAN-Ports to do that. If I want to use my standard router, it simply doesn't work.

Maybe there are some IP-Adresses cached or something... but I tried to delete everything I could find, uninstalling, reinstalling... nothing helps

I can see the iPad in my device list, though sometimes it is added and not added the same time, and sometimes it is just not added. If I click that, nothing happens. If I switch to another tab, prefeerences for example, then the whole eucon program gets stuck for like 10 seconds before reacting again. This is only when the iPad is "connected". Otherwise it works instant.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:00 PM

Default Re: "Not connected" even if PTControl is displayed in My surfaces

FWIW, on my rig, its been pretty rock solid(running Eucon 3.5). When I did have connection issues, it was my cheapo wifi router. Once I replaced it with a dual-band 5G router, its been great. Sometimes I need to restart Eucon if the iPad blanks out(when I forget to set that to NEVER), or if I turn on the iPad after a session is open.

Last detail that might be worth a look; I have the iPad set to use a Static IP

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave