Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 04-01-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Can\'t change record folder

I have moved Sessions to a new drive, deleted them from the old drive. I opened a session on the new drive, and reset the existing file locations using the Digibase 'manual' method (I choose the correct drive and folder so it doesn't spend 20 minutes searching through drives and folders).

All existing tracks then show the old recording path in the 'Assign Drive' dialog, and greyed out - they cannot be changed as such. Recorded files from these tracks end up in a newly created folder on the old drive's root.

So far, the only workaround I have found is to duplicate these tracks, delete the old ones, and then rename the new ones with the original names I chose. These new tracks show up in the 'Assign Drive' dialog just where I would expect them, in the session folder on the new drive.

All the drives are properly set for recording (it does work with the correct drive after the above procedure).

Any help with the unchangeable/'greyed-out' thing? And, is there a simple way to move from one place to another without having to go through this nonesense? Did Digidesign really create their 'clever' file system without the sense to at least look in a session's current folder for the session's files before going on a complex and time consuming relocation procedure?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 04-01-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Can\'t change record folder

Hi Steve,

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding your problem. On my system I can just drag the session folder on to a new drive (which copies it), then when I open it at the new location, all existing media has the correct path to the new drive, so protools doesn't need to go through the relink process. I then just update "disk allocation" for all tracks in the "setup" menu, and all new media also ends up in the new location.

Lien
Old 04-04-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Can\'t change record folder

That was the case for me until I upgraded to 6.7, which has ever since asked me to find the files (and now, apparently, 6.9.3, which also won't let me change the paths for existing tracks).

Does anyone know if there is some setting I don't know about that determines this behavior?