Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 04-16-2007, 04:47 AM

Default HP xw9300 and MIDI i/o still doesn\'t work

Hi,
Is anybody using the DigiDesign MIDI i/o with the HP xw9300 combination?

I never got it to work, even with the latest drivers.
Someone from Digi said that it was a compatibility problem with the HP xw9300.

Everytime time I try set the PRE i/o to read from the MIDI i/o channel 1 in the Setup / Peripherals,
an error would appear saying that ProTools lost communciation with the MIDI i/o.

So I would have to end up disabling the MIDI i/o in ProTools.

I'm on ProTools 7.3.1 cs2 HD3 Accel.

The MIDI i/o is currently powered from a USB hub which is powered from an AC adapter.

My next step was to power the MIDI i/o directly with an AC adapter, but wasn't sure what kind to get. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Tomio
Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Default Re: HP xw9300 and MIDI i/o still doesn\'t work

I have no idea if this will help with the problem or not (I'm not a tech), but here is the spec for the DC power adapter from the MIDI I/O Guide:
Quote:
Alternate Power

If you want to use the MIDI I/O without connecting it to your computer, you can use any 9–12 Volt DC power adapter, 500 mA (Tip +/Ring –) for power. When used in this way, the MIDI I/O will only function in MIDI Thru mode.

Typically, you will not need to use an external power supply when the MIDI I/O is connected to your computer, since the MIDI I/O is powered over USB from your computer. However, if you want to use the MIDI I/O in MIDI Thru mode without a computer, or if it is connected to an unpowered USB hub, you will need to use an external power supply.

Do not attempt to use one or more unpowered MIDI I/O units on an unpowered USB hub.