Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 05-08-2011, 10:15 AM

Default Playback Engine Problems

Just opened up a mix I had just worked on an hour ago.
Somehow PT changed my set up. All my inputs were grayed out except Channel 1.

I checked and my Set Up had changed to Pro Tools Aggregate. I did not even have DigiCore open.

Very strange I needed to change the set up and then quit and restart PT.

Anybody else get this?

Really weird.

Mitch
Old 05-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Playback Engine Problems

This can happen if you turn the mac on before the interfaces or if you start pt when something else is using the hardware. 9 seems quite fussy in this regard. It happened to me a lot when I first changed over but not now that I know what to avoid doing.

J
Old 05-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Same here, I've had one instance so far of the 192 just not being seen when Tools booted up - I think because as Jack said I started the computer up before the 192 had "settled down" (lights stop flashing).

As an aside, has anyone noticed how the 192 never goes into "orange" mode (ie the colour of the "on" light) when connected to the Native card? It used to be orange when the comp was off, then green when it got connected, with the TDM. Now it's just green all the time.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 AM

In my case the I/O was on before the Mac. Always sure of that. Because I also have my C24 on before too.

Also the other day my output meter on C24 in the middle of a session just stopped working...needed to clear it from peripherals and scan again.

I miss the days of 7.4...

M.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:35 AM

I had this problem as well, Playback engine changed in PT randomly from HD Native to Built-in. In my case i had the system sounds and some other Apps other than PT setup to play also thru the HD Native/Omni using Core-Audio. When i then switched to PT the playback engine was not set to HD Native. Somehow PT can't really handle this going back and forth between HD Native and Core-Audio on the same interface (Omni in my case). Now i am playing everything other than PT thru the built-in Audio, therefore Core-Audio never gets initialised anymore. Since then i never had this problem again.

Regards
Bertrand
Old 05-09-2011, 01:25 PM

Yeah it definitely finds it hard to switch back again. I have managed to do that but often it required trashing digisetup and dae prefs.