Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 02:33 PM

Default Ilok.com doesn\'t sync or identify

After 6.7cs3 install my Ilok USB dongle does not sync with Ilok.com. Last time I used it was with 6.4 I think. All the latest PACE/Ilok drivers updated. I was able to sync from my other system(laptop) so the dongle is fine. I reinstalled Ilok and PACE drivers, repaired permissions and prebinded system with cocktail, rolled back to PT6.4, and trashed ddb and pref files.

Could it be IE ? I go through a proxy server on both machines so that shouldn't be it unless there is a specific port I need to map on that machine. Are there any Ilok/pace prefs resets? I searched my system drive and trashed some PACE/Ilok files that looked related. I deleted IE cache and cookies and deleted iLok file type helpers so the reinstall of iLok software set it up again.

Please help I am trying to delay a OS X reinstall

Oh I am running 10.3.5

This is iLok.com's message:

One or more errors occurred with the previous operation. Please see the error details below.
Errors: Client Helper Application has stopped communicating with the server. Please try again.

Thanks

CS
Old 12-14-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Ilok.com doesn\'t sync or identify

Hello,

Have you downloaded the ilok installer? and installed onto your computer!!

Without this program your ilok won't sync with ilok.com

even if you have got ilok program installed! you always need the latest version to communicate with ilok.com

Regards

Chrus

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:44 PM

Yes both PACE and Ilok installer I removed both and reinstalled the latest of each. The screen just keeps refreshing 50 times or so if that means anything. Then I get the message saying it can't sysnc.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Administrator

HI Charles,

Not sure what the problem might be. I just synchronized my iLok using both of the latest versions of the following browsers on Mac OS X:

Safari 1.2.4 (v125.12)
Internet Explorer 5.2.3 (5815.1)

You might try downloading the latest version of IE if you have an older version:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10902

I'm on OS X 10.3.6, so I don't know if you can get the latest version of Safari or not on 10.3.5. But I doubt that would make a difference. I'm not using this computer for Pro Tools, so I would not suggest you update your OS from 10.3.5 just for this.

If none of the above works, see if you can synch your iLok on another computer. Mac or Windows, doesn't matter. Windows may even solve your problem in this particular case.

Also, unless you need to download or transfer licenses to your ilok, you don't have to synchronize it for any other reason than to download licenses, and of course to have a record on iLok.com of any new licenses you have added since your last synchronization.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:55 PM

Had this once or twice, and can't remember what solved it, but I would advise the following :

- Usb bus can sometimes get "confused", main symptom is that usb devices (printers, midi interfaces, iloks...) don't behave quite as expected.
In that case shutdown the computer, and turn the power off to both computer, usb peripherals (including usb hub).
Then after a few seconds restart everything.

- You MUST purge all cache memories and cookies in Internet Explorer from time to time : IE for OSX is not exactly a fantastic piece of software, so a little maintenance is necessary...

- eventually uninstall manually all Pace stuff (be careful to keep a backup just in case) and THEN reinstall latest version of the pace utilities

good luck with it
Pro Tools Ultimate & Carbon
M2 Max Studio
Old 12-14-2004, 05:50 PM

Thanks Everyone,

I am not sure exacly what it was but here are some things that may have returned my iLok sync:

1. reset logs, clean all caches with cocktail, and Renew DHCP Lease ( I go through this for Internet) -This was probably it.

2. Unplugged My MTPAV turned off USB Printer -both on the same USB Hub as my iLok -maybe but I think it was a OS X software issue

3. Moved iLok to another Location on Hub -probably not this since before the problem occured I unplugged the Hub and used that USB port fot the iLok on the back of my MAC

I hope this helps topic searchers who may get snagged by this like I did.

Phew..............
back to 4.7
Old 12-14-2004, 08:03 PM

I've had this same problem on my main DAW machine, and couldn't find a way to make it work after much effort. I solved my problem by moving the iLok to a different machine. Months later, with new iLok software downloads, I was able to make it work on the original machine.

I wonder if a firewall could have an effect.

Lee Blaske
Old 12-15-2004, 01:29 AM

Firewall? The thing is that both machines are on the same firewall.

Oh it seems that the other Mac was set up for a different socks proxy port....but machine with the problem is fine now without changing the proxy settings hmmmmmm.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:14 PM

Do you have any Unsanity haxies installed - Windowshade will produce this error for example. Uninstall it and ApeManager.

Took me ages to suss this out for a similar issue i had.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:28 PM

No need to uninstall APE, just deactivate it for the ilok.com sync.
I informed unsanity about this some weeks ago.
It has worked up to v1.4.3 though...

Peter