Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Installers/Product reverting to previous versions for Pro Tools 12 Student/Academ

Went ahead and installed 12.1. Application Manager sees AIR Effects, AIR Inst., XPand II, HD Driver...but does not appear to see PT12.1 even though I installed it and it works fine.

So apparently no getting 12.4 via Application Manager...
Old 01-15-2016, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Installers/Product reverting to previous versions for Pro Tools 12 Student/Academ

Just got an email from Avid saying they'd fixed the issue and it looks like they have.

Hope everyone else on this thread gets their correct version of PT!
Old 01-16-2016, 05:57 PM

Same problem here. Got the 12.3 update when it came out but now all I see in my Avid account is PT Academic 12.2 and 12.2.1
The Avid Application Manager is completely empty apart from licensing which just says Pro Tools: Activated and I apparently don't have access to Avid support. I have no idea what to do at this point...?
Old 01-17-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti21 View Post
Same problem here. Got the 12.3 update when it came out but now all I see in my Avid account is PT Academic 12.2 and 12.2.1
The Avid Application Manager is completely empty apart from licensing which just says Pro Tools: Activated and I apparently don't have access to Avid support. I have no idea what to do at this point...?
All I see in my account is 12.2.1. I was able to get 12.4. through App manager but it shows 12.2.1 under my account...can someone please fix this?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:31 PM

Hi same here.

Pro tools EDU i'm using 12,3 but in my account it only shows 12,2,1...

what can i do?

my avid account is [email protected]

and if i want to have support it shows me this:

Add Missing System ID to Account
This page allows existing support customers whose products do not appear in their accounts to claim their upgrades for their systems

but what is the SYSTEM ID? it has something to do with subscription but i do not have a plan cause i am with my free edu upgrade...

please help :) i can't wait to freeze everything!!!!
Old 01-22-2016, 02:28 AM

I'm having the same issue as a lot of guys here. I should have free updates till october 2016 but can only see Pro Tools Academic 12.2.1 in my Avid account. Can you guys help me out?
Old 01-25-2016, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Where is my No Charge Pro Tools 12 Student Upgrade?

I received my upgrade to PT 12 from my no charge student upgrade, and managed to update up to 12.3 through application manager, then when I went to upgrade to 12.4 the upgrade failed. I tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the app manager to no avail. I then tried uninstalling Pro Tools, and when I went to reinstall, the last installer in my account is 12.2, so I'm now stuck on that. Please help?
Old 01-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Avid

Exclamation Re: Installers/Product reverting to previous versions for Pro Tools 12 Student/Acade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonhallmusic View Post
I received my upgrade to PT 12 from my no charge student upgrade... the last installer in my account is 12.2, so I'm now stuck on that. Please help?
gordonhallmusic - Your 4 years of upgrades ended in mid 2015, so your account reflects the most current version provided under the terms based on your original date of purchase.

Others on this thread are either beyond their 4 years of free upgrades, have had their account/product corrected, or cannot be found based on their community email address. If you believe that your account is not showing the correct product, please check your original date of purchase to see when that ends. If there was a version of Pro Tools released within that term that is not reflected in your Avid account please start a case at http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation with all relevant information so that Avid CS can help.

Thank you.
Closed Thread