Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-05-2009, 02:45 PM

Default Pro Tools crashes when I try to import video

Does anyone have any ideas as to why ProTools LE 7.4 would crash whenI try to import video? I don't have the DV 2 Toolkit but I understand I can import one video into my session with out it. I've tried this by both the drag and drop method as well as the File>Import method and each time it happens I get that Window pop-up box that says ProTools must close with the only option being to click the 'close' button or to view the details of the reason for the crash.
Anyone else ever have this problem or know of a remedy?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools crashes when I try to import video

PS: The video I am importing is a 'QuickTime Movie' and is about 9 minutes long and is just under 2 GB in size.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:49 PM

Any info you can give on you system would be helpful
Please read this first and possibly post a report

Quote:
If you have been referred to this thread and reply without providing the information requested above, including the Sandra report for Windows users, your post is very likely to be given lower priority in favor of those who have provided complete information.
Might not be a bad idea to see if you have installed the latest drivers for your display card and latest Pro Tools cs update.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:11 PM

Mano111 is correct, not much can be done to help you without knowing more.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-07-2009, 04:53 PM

I'm sorry for not providing that information. When I registered for the DUC I put those details in my profile which I thought was available to all. Thank you for that heads up!
Now, my computer is a Dell Optiplex GX270. It has a Pentium 4 2.6GHz with 2 GB of RAM. I run Windows XP Pro 2002 Service Pack 3. I have Pro Tools LE 7.4 with a 003 Rack.

I hope this is enough, if I'm missing anything please let me know as I'm a bit of a newbie!

mano111: I'm wondering if you could elaborate more on "latest Pro Tools cs update". Before you mentioned it here I was not aware of these updates and now that I've looked into it I want to know if I need to download all the updates or just the most recent (currently cs9)? In other words, does the cs9 update have all the cs8 fixes and so on?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:55 AM

yes cs9 covers all previous cs updates. to get cs9 try this link.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:11 AM

Hi Manno,
I had found and updated to cs9 (my 'version' is now 7.4cs9 in the browser window) but that didn't work either.
Does Protools have video minimum requirements? I don't have the best video card in the world but it does let me watch Quicktime video and any other clips from DVDs, downloads, streams, etc. I've serched high and low for minimum video requirements but to no avail.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylonjerey View Post
Any suggestions?
This has already been suggested... we'll try again though.

Quote:
If you have been referred to this thread and reply without providing the information requested above, including the Sandra report for Windows users, your post is very likely to be given lower priority in favor of those who have provided complete information.
Quote:
Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.