Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-08-2000, 07:21 AM

Default syncing digital console w/automation to PT?

I'm sure some of you are syncing a digital console w/ automation to PT. Have you had any problems using the console's automation? Any problems locking the two up? Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-08-2000, 04:46 PM

Default Re: syncing digital console w/automation to PT?

no problems at all here. I'm using a MicroLynx to take the MTC out of PT and turn it into LTC that my console needs, but you don't need anything that fancy unless you'll also be syncing other tape machines.
Old 09-08-2000, 10:10 PM

Thanks for replying KingTor and I'm glad to hear you're not having any problems. A friend of mine is looking to replace his current editor with PT and had heard there were problems, namely with 9-pin connections. This seemed kind of strange to me, but to be honest I haven't had any experience configuring such a system. Is it common to use a 9 pin connection for machine control on consoles w/ automation? I thought it was mainly for Sony tape decks.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2000, 10:26 PM

The budget digital mixers (Panasonic DA7, 02R, etc.) all use MTC, not 9-pin.
Old 09-12-2000, 04:13 PM

yeah, and PT doesn't use 9-pin unless you get the Machine Control option (and a Universal Slave Driver, I think) and I've heard varrying reports about how well it uses 9-pin even with machine control, although I see that they're beefing that option up with version 5.1.

I've just got PT being controlled by MTC from the Lynx.
Old 09-12-2000, 04:57 PM

can anyone tell me how to get the time code on the display of my da7 to match the one on the transport bar of pro tools?

i am in hui mode. all faders solos pans work fine. the only things that dont work is fast forward, rewind, and the time displays are different.

any help is appreciated.
beau
Old 09-12-2000, 06:15 PM

beau, as long as you have the PT display showing timecode rather than session time, both sample rates are the same, you're sending MTC to the DA7 via OMS, etc., you shouldn't be having any problems. I have PT and a DA7 working perfectly here.

You might post your question on www.DA7.com - there's a pretty good bulletin board there.