Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Rendered Elastic Audio files disappearing!

If I was in your position then, as you need to get the session finished for the band, I wouldn't render the audio, I would leave it in real time, that way you know you are safe. Or as you said, record the track to another audio file, although you are right, it shouldn't have to be done.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:42 PM

Holy CRAP I just got burned by this "bug" in Pro Tools 9.06 and I don't know what to do about it.

I edited some tracks in Poly phonic elastic audio but heard artifacts (warbles) so I switched to X-form processing (took forever, like 20 minutes to process about 2 min of audio). Then I turned off elastic audio and chose COMMIT. This took another 20 minutes (what? It had just done the same math?).

Sounded great. Closed the session. Re-opened it, and most but not all of the rendered files are missing! Can't be manually found to relink.

I have a pre-elastic audio version of the session saved, but seriously, it will be 5 hours of work to realign everything.

HELP: Is there anything I can do to get these fils back or is this just the worst bug I've ever seen?

(and yes, in the future, I'll never commit X-form renders again, I'll just bounce them.)

See screenshot:https://www.dropbox.com/s/vooxn66nms...2012.44.02.png
Old 03-17-2015, 09:52 AM

Just a quick question...

Is this problem happening when you open the session up on someone else's computer? In other words, are you just saving your session to an external drive, bringing it to someone else, and finding that your files are missing?

If this is the case, you need to save your session using "Save Copy In" under the File menu. There's an option you need to select under "Items to Copy", which is "Audio Files". This ensures that all audio is copied to the Session copy. You should now be able to open all audio files on the other computer.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:20 AM

Hello all, Matt Hall here, I'm new to this forum...

I found a solution to this issue.

Step 1) Find the track that is missing the rendered files. Place your cursor in one of the offline regions and hit command + E (cut). Protools will create a new rendered file.
Unfortunately this will only regenerate the missing rendered area up to the next cut. If you have a lot of cuts this can be pretty tedious but still much better than re-editing!

Step 2) Consolidate the track! I personally wouldn't remove x-form from the track until all tracks with rendered processing have been consolidated because it seems that these rendered files come up missing when tracks are changed from active elastic to none… To be honest I haven't tested whether or not this is true and frankly I don't plan to. In the future I plan to use dedicated elastic processing tracks, consolidate when done, then move to a non elastic track.

Protools -- FIX THIS BUG!!! IT'S BEEN YEARS!!!

P.S. -- Since using this work around I think I may have realized an even easier solution… Though since I have fixed all my tracks, I don't have anything to try it on.

When using clip gain on X-Form (or any rendered elastic audio) Protools will redraw the waveform. Someone should try this:

Highlight all missing clips on one track. With these clips highlighted, zoom in on one clip. Hold control + shift and lightly scroll up or down one notch on your magic mouse (or scroll wheel) this is the quick key for adjusting clip gain on multiple regions at once. Each notch on a scroll wheel or magic mouse will increase/decrease clip gain by .5 db. This should also regenerate your missing rendered audio files.

These techniques are different than relinking missing files. Protools will use the original audio file to regenerate the new sound.

- Matt Hall
Old 12-26-2016, 02:52 AM

I just want to say thank you to Matt.
Finally a solution to this annoying bug.

Except, I can't get control + shift to let me adjust multiple clip volumes at the same time. Anyway, I'm happy.

I'm on PT10, BTW. I hope they fixed it in 11 & 12.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
In the future I plan to use dedicated elastic processing tracks, consolidate when done, then move to a non elastic track.
This is basically how I work; edit on an elastic track, move to a standard track and let it render... as a result the 'fix' listed doesn't work as the audio is no longer on an elastic track; it's simply a render clip that pro tools has deleted...

I just re-opened a session and 30 of these formerly elastic regions are missing and seemingly gone forever. This is in 2018 on PT 12... so this bug **still** exists.

Workspace gives a path for these files into a 'Rendered Audio' folder that doesn't exist... assume it was deleted last time I exited pro tools.