Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 04-17-2016, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Features and Suggestions

I have been using the Scorch app to view sheet music while playing at various locations. The app as a whole is a great concept however is in need of serious updating!

Firstly the app is constantly crashing when I am performing various tasks especially when importing from Dropbox. Let me give you the sequence
Open folder containing file im Dropbox
Click on the share sheet open in app
Select Avid Scorch
App opens and crashes on opening.

Another time was last Sunday I went to turn a page and it crahsed as well which to be honest makes the app unusable for performance purposes! It has also crahsed whenever transposing the core.

Secondly the app is in need of a serious redesign it is old, tacky and pixalated on retina iPads. The ability to add set lists and folders would be a great feature.

I hooe you take the time to look at my concerns.
Neil
Old 02-07-2017, 02:31 AM
regcurry

When I transfer a .sib file from my PC using iTunes to Scorch on my iPad Air 2, rests located withing the staff lines overlap notes on numerous occasions. The rests within the staff lines always drop below the staff and then overlap any low voice notes at the same beat.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid View Post
We're keen to hear how we can improve Scorch. So if you find something that doesn't work how you'd like it or would like new features in Scorch, please post them here and we'll consider these for inclusion in future updates.

Scorch is a great app on the iPad and I rely on it heavily for performances. But there are a couple of things it is crying out for!

- Scorch is way overdue a facelift! The bookshelf view is embarrassing and the books opening just takes too long!

- Dropbox link needs to be better. Ideally I want to open a Dropbox file from within the app.

- Set lists would be really handy too!

- ability to annotate a score with the Apple Pencil would be brilliant so that I can make a quick note in a rehearsal and then update the score in Sibelius later

The app just needs a bit of love as it doesn't feel like it's been updated much in the last 2 years... but sadly there's no real competition out there for it, so I worry that there's no appetite to update it at Avid.

I hope I am wrong though and there's a HUGE update on the way...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2017, 12:34 AM

It'd be great to incorporate into charts the ability to transmit MIDI CCs and PCs for those musicians wanting to send patch changes and change other MIDI parameters when a song is opened.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 AM

Hallo
I have many scores in Scorch, and I would find very useful to have an alphabetical list on the side, to jump on the desired score title.

Thank you
Old 12-14-2017, 11:40 AM

ability to create folders or set lists would be nice? crazy that users must search thru all music