How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 02-15-2011, 04:11 PM

Default You guys might know the answer to this

Pro Tools M-audio Keystation Pro 88 cs10 problem

Hi,

Sorry to disturb, saw that you guys are active in the discussion about Pro Tools and controllers and thought you might have some information about this problem I have. If you don't have time, sorry for this message.

I got Pro Tools 8, Macbook (intel), M-audio Keystation Pro 88, Enigma, the right .xml file for Keystation Pro 88 and Pro Tools and the cs10.bundle file.

I want to use the M-audio Keystation Pro 88 as a controller for Pro Tools; to control the faders in the mixer and so on.

Ive imported the Keystation Pro 88 xml file into Enigma and done the right operations in there and loaded it into the Keystation Pro 88.

Ive taken the cs10.bundle file and put it in the right folder (Applications/Digidesign/Pro Tools/Controllers).

The problem is that I can not get the cs10 to show up under Peripherals in Setup in Pro Tools.
I read on a forum that someone had tried to move all the other .bundle files away from the Controllers folder so that only the cs10.bundle file was ther but still didnt work. They also suggested to unmount any fire wire drive and restart protools which Ive also tried but still not working.

Has anybody got the M-audio Keystation Pro 88 to work as a controller in Pro Tools (has anybody managed to get the cs10 to show up as an option under Peripherals in Setup in Pro Tools 8)?.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Default Re: My Axiom Template for Pro Tools 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruddlebug View Post
Hello,

Here's my Axiom 49 (should be ok for 61 and 25 too?) template for Pro Tools 8 for anyone who's having trouble getting it working.

http://cid-7a6760c60f016df0.skydrive...se.aspx/Public

It replaces the default set of presets (although only preset 20 is actually changed).

Installation - Import the preset file into M-Audio's Enigma software (free download http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.enigma).
Select it and upload it to the Axiom (SYS should flash on the Axiom screen).When it stops flashing press Recall followed by 20 on the numeric
keypad to select Preset 20. In Pro Tools 8 go to Setup->Peripherals->Machine Control and enable MIDI Machine Control Remote (Slave) mode.
Then in MIDI Controllers Section, select MAudioKeyboard Port 1 for both Send and Receive, it should now work.

The template has the following functionality:-

Fader Buttons - These buttons let you select, record arm, mute, or solo tracks within Pro Tools By default, these
buttons select channels, however, pressing the button below the rightmost fader lets you step through three other functions:
record arm, mute, solo.

You can select multiple mixer channels by holding down the “Control” key on your computer keyboard while pressing the
fader buttons; holding the “Shift” key of your computer keyboard while pressing these buttons will select a range of mixer
channels. For example, holding the Ctrl key and pressing “1” and “5” will select the first and fifth mixer channels in Pro
Tools; holding the Shift key and pressing “1” and “5” will select channels one through five on the Pro Tools mixer.

Faders - These faders control their corresponding bank of eight faders in the Pro Tools mixer (initially 1 - 8). Note that all
Pro Tools track names that are currently under the control of Axiom are outlined in blue. If you click a track higher the 8
currently controlled then the faders will switch to controlling the next 8 (9 - 16 for example) this also works in reverse.

Master Fader - This fader automatically maps to the Master Fader track of your Pro Tools session; If you have not
created a Pro Tools Master Fader track, this fader will have no effect on your session.

Rotary Encoders -These are set to MIDI learn for control of plug-ins that support it (like Xpand2). Right click a parameter
in the plug-in an select Learn CC, twiddle a knob an it will take control of that parameter.
Note the track with the plug-in must be selected for MIDI learn to work.

Transport Controls -

Rewind -Tapping this button will skip to the beginning of the previous bar (or time/sample
delineation, if the Main Counter is set to show time or samples) Holding this button will
rewind the Pro Tools transport until the button is released.

Fast Forward - Tapping this button will skip to the beginning of the next bar (or time/sample delineation,
if the main counter is set to show time or samples). Holding this button will rewind the Pro Tools transport until the
button is released.

Stop - Stops recording or playback.

Play - Starts recording or playback.

Record - This button record-enables the Pro Tools transport.

Loop + Rewind - Return to Start
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Rewind button rewinds to the
beginning of your Pro Tools session.

Loop + Fast Forward - Go to End
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Fast Forward button advances to the
end of your Pro Tools session.

Loop + Stop - Undo
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Stop button cancels the last action
that was made in Pro Tools (this is the same as selecting Edit > Undo within Pro Tools).

Loop + Play - Engage Loop Play
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Play button engages looping between
the Loop Start and Loop End points as specified in the Pro Tools transport Press this
combination of buttons again to disengage looping.

Loop + Record - Engage Loop Record
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Record button engages the “Loop
Record” function of Pro Tools Press this combination of buttons again to disengage
looping Please see the Pro Tools documentation to learn more about the loop recording
function.

Hope it's useful to someone

Cheers

evs
Hi
Thank you so much for this . Will this work with Axiom PRO 49? I do nto have enigma software but use pt 9.01 on a good mac?

thank you so much
Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Default Re: My Axiom 49 for Pro Tools 8 LE

IS there an ENIGMA prog. for Windows 7 SP 1?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:49 AM

Default Axiom 49 2nd gen for Pro Tools 8 LE

Anybody know how to set the machine control in Setup / Peripherals??

I have the axiom 49 selected and the transport functions work but the mast and slave ID's are not correct and the faders are not working. What should these be?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:49 AM

Is this a template for the 2nd gen of the axiom 49! cause i tried this template and it doesn't work on my old axiom 49. To be able to use the faders button I need to set (for example) the midi cc of the first one to 49. Is it what you have on preset 20! Cause I'm having 2! My temlates do almost everything like yours. I don't understand how you can make it work. The only thing missing in my templates is the faders. The only way I use them is with my plug-ins. I would be very happy if someone could give me an answer about it.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:24 AM

I follow the post by gruddlebub and it all works. The only things that don't work is the last fader button. I can toggle between solo or mute but that's it. I have tried the same setting on my old pc with windows xp and it work so I think there is a problem with MAC OS X 10.6.7... I don't know. I'm a new mac user.
Oh ! and if you have not understand the little message the Avid team is telling us : Buy an axiom pro !!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:55 PM

Do you mean Axiom Pro 49 ? what is 2nd generation?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 AM

Smile Axiom 61 (1st gen) template for Protools 9

English:

With PT8 i have selected as control surface my axiom 61 (1st gen) now i have PT9 and some of the sysex that PT8 sended before, works on PT9, i've added the button functionality of "evs" and works fine.

Note: To select a bank of 8 tracks to control just use (command+alt+f)*OSXUSERS* and type the number of track that will be the 1st fader

i hope you find this info usefull

Sysex this with enigma:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35108563/Sys...otools%209.xml

Español:

Con PT8 habia seleccionado como superficie de control mi axiom 61 de primera generación, al cambiar a PT9 note que el sysex que PT8 habia hecho, tambien funciona en PT9, asi que solo agrege la funcionalidad de los botones que "evs" habia hecho.

Nota: para seleccionar una seccion de 8 pistas a controlar hay que usar el comando (command+alt+f)*USUARIOS DE MAC* e ingresar el numero de pista que sera el primer fader.

Espero que sea de ayuda :)

Usando enigma carga este preset a tu axiom:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35108563/Sys...otools%209.xml
Old 09-20-2011, 08:15 AM

Will this template work for Pro Tools 9 w/ Axiom 49 2nd gen?

I'm haveing trouble, I'm fixing to go back to guitar center to return my Akai MPK 49 because it's not supported by Digi, wich I was told at the store that it would work I just have to install the template but they lied. So will this Axiom 49 work on Pro Tool 9 w/ this template you have?

Updated.

Made it to the store and picked up a Axiom 49 2nd gen.

Plz reply, I'll be picking one up around noon today any feedback helps thanks.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:32 PM

Yeah it is supposed to work....Google the DUC and look for Compatibility Charts......
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.