Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2002, 11:46 AM

Default Thinking of making a Switch

Hi

I am thinking of making a switch from the P3, Intel chip to Asus A7V333.

My question is will it mess up all applications when i switch motherboards.....

I just bought Digi001 but i use Logic a lot and i tried playing with PT.....i think the main use of PT (atleast for now) would be to bounce tracks off Logic as wav and bring it in PT and take advantage of better quality...do i even need to switch motherboards then?????? Thx
Old 06-28-2002, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Thinking of making a Switch

It is not a good idea to attempt a motherboard "transplant." Although it has been done before, the chances that you will encounter serious errors is VERY high! Even if you manage to get it halfway done, your performance will be seriously compromised. NOT A GOOD IDEA AT ALL!

I can not see why you would want to upgrade if you are only importing stereo tracks. Your current system should be able to handle these sessions fine unless you add several plugins. Remember, your tracks have already been captured with whatever IO you had acquired them with. Simply transferring from Logic to PT will not do much for the quality of the sound at this point.

You will find many more uses for a new system if you choose to build it! I recommend going for the new system but you should convince yourself why.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Good luck,
Greg~
Old 06-27-2002, 01:32 PM

Greg

Thanks for your advice...yeah my only use of Pro Tools would be brings tracks in from logic and add a few plugin...but for that i can always get more RAM and i think it would do that job...

I am only using digi interface for godd quality sound...the software at present is a high priority...thx again
Old 06-27-2002, 08:19 PM

You are most welcome and have fun!