Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 PM

Default Bugs in Pro Tools 9.0.3

Just wondered if anyone else is seeing these?

1. when bounce to disk and you move your mouse the bounce window freezes and you lose control of PT until its done bouncing

-- ok, yes everyone has probably seen this one by now since its been around since PT8 and I know disabling Aero may help but to me that answer is just unacceptable - that is a workaround, not a fix. I've been working around it for way more than a year now. There are several other threads here that mention this too.

2. When I go into the tracks pane and select "all unused tracks" and then "clear", I notice that sometimes it doesn't actually clear all of the unused tracks. Sometimes it tells me there are still tracks in the "undo queue" and do I really want to delete them? even if i say yes, they don't always get removed. the only way i know how to get around this is to close the session, reopen the session, and repeat the select/clear process. Then, even though I may have said 'delete" instead of remove, I look in the audio files folder, and there are more tracks then there are supposed to be because they didn't get deleted... this used to work just fine in PT8.x

3. Every time I open a session with PT 9 (even 9.0.3), the "tracks' pane is open in my mix window. I can close it, save the session, reopen the session and the darn thing will be open again. Again, this used to work fine in PT8 and has consistently not worked in all versions of PT9 I've tried so far (9.01, 9.02, 9.03).

Ok, I don't think I'm alone on this... hopefully maybe someone knows a fix or Avid will take notice for the next patch?

Mike
Win10
www.studiodrumtracks.com
www.doubledogrecording.com
Old 06-29-2011, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Bugs in Pro Tools 9.0.3

You are right. These bugs do exist. Fortunately, they are not showstoppers.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM

I'm experiencing all of these as well. The second one you listed is really a pain for me as I consolidate regions a lot and rename the new track to the original and if the original region is still in the queue of course you can't rename it.

As for the first issue - the thing you lose control of is being able to cancel the bounce and see the time remaining which also sucks. But you wouldn't be able to do anything in Pro Tools anyway while it's bouncing. I pretty much bounce to track anymore anyway so I don't deal with this one much anymore.

I do hope a fix is coming for all three though!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 06-30-2011, 03:43 AM

the first one you mentioned, pro tools not responding during bounce, happens to me about 30% of the time. the rest of the time it's fine. no clue what sets it off. i don't do anything different.

i only use bounce to disc for test mixes (straight to mp3) so it's nothing to worry about for actual mixing down, since they say bounce gets errors/inconsistencies or just lower resolution in automation. we're told the engine processes better when just playing/recording to a new stereo track.

if that makes you feel any better.

www.jntracks.com