Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2014, 12:18 AM

Default PCI Expansion Chassis PT HD 8.1.1

I need to buy a pci expansion chassis for my hd3 to work with PT HD 8.1.1.

It doesnt matter if the support stops after hd 8.1.1. If or when Iam gonna upgrade my pro tools hd, then Iam gonna sell the entire system with racks and such anyway.

Dont wanna pay much more then around 200usd. There is a flexi cable extender, there is mother boards with plenty of pci slots "Gigabyte Motherboard GA-P75-D3"

But I love my old power pc leopard running PT hd 8.05, so stable.
With a pci expansion chassis, I could have two host cards, from my I7 pc and from my g5, easy to change/connect which comp to use.
Magma sells "pci expansion kit" 3 slot pcix 64-bit board, costs almost 1000usd, then I still need a chassi. I tried to figure out PT compability, with no luck.

A few cheap alternatives:
MAGMA PCI-7-RX
Digidesign PCI Expansion Chassis
DIGIDESIGN 7 Slot 64 Bit Expansion Chassis

Best regards
Johan
Old 05-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: PCI Expansion Chassis PT HD 8.1.1

Pro Tools HD for Mac OS X Compatibility (version 8)
Quote:
Please Note: Pro Tools 8.0.3 software (and higher) does not support some retired products, including:
  • Expansion|HD Chassis
  • Macintosh PowerPC Computers
Please read the EOSS (End of Software Support) Announcements for more information.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:29 PM

Default Re: PCI Expansion Chassis PT HD 8.1.1

Thank you for the info :)

I cant use my PowerPC anymore though, yesterday I had a hard time trying to mix, most of my tdm/rtas plugins are to heavy for my old mac

My pc is not one month old, to bad I didnt know that all pci slots must be together, tdm flexcable extender would solve that issue though, I have pci-e betwen first and second pci slot, hence I need extender to be able to use all three cards. Or by another motherboard.

Regards
Johan