Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2013, 04:07 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 asio4all no audio

I have put Pro Tools 10 onto a HP Pavilion dv7 with beats audio and installed asio4all v2 I get "no sound" from the HP laptop's on board speakers? I have in the past sound from head phone jack through head phones on HP it has now changed and there is on sound???? Pro tools is playing the project ok. The project was recorded and mixed on a Toshiba P300 with pro tools 9 Sound is available on Toshiba internal speaker and headphones. Both laptop's have a m-audio fast track ultra 8R digital audo interface installed on them and they both record and play back fine when the m-audio i/o is used. Initially I did have problems getting audio from speakers and head phones on Toshiba though I did finally get the audio to play on the Toshiba's onboard speakers and head phone jack and could do the mixdown fine using just the Toshiba when i select the asio4all i/o. I did have the "no audio problem" initially with the Toshiba untill i change some of the settings in the asio4all control panel. I have not had the same luck on the HP laptop. Both laptops run windows 7 the Toshiba is 32bit and HP is 64bit Both have 2 hard drives. Is there any chance that there is a solution to "no sound" on a HP Laptop on board Beats sound system??? Any advice would be appreciated Cheers
Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 asio4all no audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmalibu View Post
I have put Pro Tools 10 onto a HP Pavilion dv7 with beats audio and installed asio4all v2 I get "no sound" from the HP laptop's on board speakers? I have in the past sound from head phone jack through head phones on HP it has now changed and there is on sound???? Pro tools is playing the project ok. The project was recorded and mixed on a Toshiba P300 with pro tools 9 Sound is available on Toshiba internal speaker and headphones. Both laptop's have a m-audio fast track ultra 8R digital audo interface installed on them and they both record and play back fine when the m-audio i/o is used. Initially I did have problems getting audio from speakers and head phones on Toshiba though I did finally get the audio to play on the Toshiba's onboard speakers and head phone jack and could do the mixdown fine using just the Toshiba when i select the asio4all i/o. I did have the "no audio problem" initially with the Toshiba untill i change some of the settings in the asio4all control panel. I have not had the same luck on the HP laptop. Both laptops run windows 7 the Toshiba is 32bit and HP is 64bit Both have 2 hard drives. Is there any chance that there is a solution to "no sound" on a HP Laptop on board Beats sound system??? Any advice would be appreciated Cheers
Did you properly set the playback engine?

Setup/Playback Engine
Be sure you can see and select your onboard ASIO device
Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 AM

I have the asio4all selected in pro tools 10 playback engine and during May2013 i have been able to get audio from HP headphone ontput though no audio from on board speakers Some windows 7 updates occured on HP and this caused iLok to not be reconised and pro tools 10 would not load so i did a recovery to May 2013 and this fixed iLok problem but i have not been able to get any audio from HP headphone or onboard speakers have tried to change settings to asio4all and re start pro tools 10 and DAW loads ok and plays ok I just do not get audio from headphone or onboard speakers
Old 08-29-2013, 06:19 PM

Have found a fix that has worked for this issue
See thred http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=343763
Cheers