Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-03-2009, 06:37 PM

Thumbs down Pro Tools 8.0 Issues

I have ran in to a couple of issues after installing PT 8.

First, with PT 7.4 I could use my HUI to adjust volumes while bouncing to disk. This saves a lot of time to keep from automating everything.

Second, now I cannot use my M-Box in Wavelab, even after I close PT or before opening PT. A real pain!

I have already ran into the IE 8 bug and some plug-ins were not loading causing PT 8 not to launch. Down-graded IE and that issue is resolved.

Is there a way to use HUI during bounce and then a way to free the M-Box for use in Wavelab?

I am running Windows XP SP2 on a Dell Vostro 410 2.4Ghz QuadCore with 3Gb of RAM.

Loved the new toys of PT 8 so far, but going back to 7.4 if these issues aren't resolved.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0 Issues

Have you checked the device settings in Wavlab to make sure the Digi ASIO driver is selected?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 PM

& no u can't use HUI during bounce downs...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 AM

I have checked the Wavelab preferences and selected the Digidesign ASIO Driver. I used this all the time before loading PT 8, as 7.4 worked perfectly. It just gives me this error message.

Playback could not start successfully. This can be caused by one of the following reasons:

1) Your audio card does not support the output sample rate and/or bit resolution.
2) The input of your audio card is also used (eg. record) but with some settings that are not compatible with the output settings (eg. number of channels).
3) Another running application has already opened the audio output device. If this application is Cubase, you can solve the problem by switching OFF the mode "Playback in Background" in the Cubase preferences.

All my settings are the same in Wavelab. It seems to possibly be a driver issue.

Also, there needs to be a way to use HUI while bouncing for PT 8. I know I could use it to manipulate volumes in PT 7.4 during bounce. Is there a work around or a fix coming for this?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 AM

Why don't u just print back to PT & u can then start, stop, move faders, changes & do whatever u want while printing that; & if u have to stop, u just pick up where u left off & then export after ur done... other than that, there can't be a fix for something thatz not a bug or problem so to speak...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 09-04-2009, 07:07 AM

Sounds like that would work and may be better than bouncing since I wouldn't have to "remix" and entire song. How would I assign my outputs and inputs. Would there be a problem with feedback? I probably could spend time and figure it out, but why reinvent the wheel? :)
Old 09-04-2009, 07:28 AM

If u keep everything ITB then easy way would be create a new stereo track, assign the input to a bus or u could even do an analog input(but probably do a bus) then hold alt & create new sends on all ur tracks, making sure u take off the 1 on the track ur recording to, group all(shift+1) to give all the sends volume or if u know u aren't clipping then just alt click on the sends so they default to 0... Of course u have to mute the recorded track... there are actually a few ways to do it but thatz one... I'll let u figure out from there or some1 else may explain another way... I gotta go fix my eggs & pot roast

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 09-04-2009, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the tip. I will try that method.

I still need a fix for the Wavelab issue if anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to try.

Enjoy the eggs and pot roast :)
Old 09-04-2009, 01:45 PM

OK did a test run on this and have a few comments. When sending to the bus, you must also adjust the pan to reflect what is on the channel or it comes out mono. Any changes made to panning on the channel, then have to be made on the bus to match. There has to be a better way to print to a track keeping it in the box. I apologize for my ignorance, but I don't typically track in Pro Tools. I jsut use it for editing and mixing. I am not fimiliar with all the routing options. Ideas?

Still need a soloution for Wavelab not being able to use the Digi ASIO driver as well.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenat View Post
OK did a test run on this and have a few comments. When sending to the bus, you must also adjust the pan to reflect what is on the channel or it comes out mono. Any changes made to panning on the channel, then have to be made on the bus to match. There has to be a better way to print to a track keeping it in the box. I apologize for my ignorance, but I don't typically track in Pro Tools. I jsut use it for editing and mixing. I am not fimiliar with all the routing options. Ideas?

Still need a soloution for Wavelab not being able to use the Digi ASIO driver as well.
Can't help u on the Wavelab... but in PT, go into ur Setup/Preferences/choose the Mixing tab, & u'll see 3 send options; check all 3... I'm sorry but I meant to include that earlier but 4got, & too sometimes I'm guilty of thinking its already known...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY