Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2019, 01:37 PM

Default MPC Plugin not appearing in Pro Tools | First instrument track

I'm new to Pro Tools and downloaded PTF to get familiar with the interface. I want to use my MPC Renaissance as a Plugin and followed this guide for Pro Tools 10 but when I go to my multichannel plug-ins it isn't listed under available plugins. Here is a video for of what is supposed to appear in the mix window.

To add to my confusion, MPC.aaxplugin is listed locally after downloading PTF in /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins as well as /Applications/Pro Tools First.app/Contents/PlugIns/Core Plug-Ins

So far I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both my PTF and MPC softwares. I've tried to delete the InstalledAAXPlugins suggested by this forum post http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=375183 but that didn't help. Once I reopen PTF it scans plugins and upon loading there is a new copy in that folder.

I also called Avid tech support and they directed me to these forums saying that they wouldn't connect me directly to a Pro Tools First team member. I would really like to solve this problem together so that I can start integrating Pro Tools First directly into my production workflow. Appreciate your help!