How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 PM

Default Re: In Response to Pro Tools HD 10 Feedback

Lol... Thanks for the feedback, we'll ignore you and give our CEO a $400,000 bonus for tanking this company and firing 200 people today.

You are so out of touch its amazing...I hope you have a golden parachute Max, your job will be gone pretty soon also if you don't convince the PTB that change their ways.

Just wait to the hundreds of pissed off users when you drop version 11 a day after everyones $599 one year support contract ends. So lame.

Take a page from WAVES. They charge $12,000 for TDM, but only $200 a year to stay current forever. FOREVER. Thats loyalty. Thats caring about your customers who shell out a huge investment.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karljohnson View Post
MAX - One other oversight - what about the people who are prepared to move from TDM to Native but especially HDX - as HDX is not out yet the only way they can have PT10 is to buy or join the support plan - as PT10 is given with Native and HDX can't you offer an initial copy of PT10 to anyone who signs up to HDX (and Native) if no Native pt10 packs so they can start using it ..... may tempt people more also ....
Anyway to do this ?
Kj
Great point, Karl. I'll look into it.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Gutnik View Post
Avid Standard Support Plan for $599 -

Now, back to the Avid Standard Support plan. I spoke about this last week and we quickly saw there was a great deal of confusion. We really want to clear this up because this program is great for our customers. So currently, if you are on an Avid support plan, you receive a year of maintenance (tech support, etc.) and free upgrades from the time of purchase. So if you were on this plan when you originally purchased Pro Tools HD 9, you would be eligible for a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools HD 10. What we realized quickly was that very few of our audio customers knew about it and therefore could not take advantage of it. Based on this, we wanted fix the problem and create an opportunity for you to get on this retroactively.

So here’s the deal: Any customer who currently owns Pro Tools HD 9 is eligible to purchase the Standard Avid Support Plan for $599 until the end of the year. Once you purchase this from your dealer, you will be eligible to receive your Pro Tools HD 10 upgrade as part of the program. You will also have 12 months of maintenance, and any future upgrades within the 12 months will be included.
Just some clarification, if you don't mind -
Does this or does it not apply to owners of 8 HD? As I own v8HD, if I buy the support plan, do I get an upgrade to 10HD?

Also, I'm in a peculiar situation - I purchased an upgrade to 9HD last week, and due to back ordering, shipping, etc, I still have not received the boxed version to register (I believe that due to the timing and shipping, etc I don't qualify for the amnesty upgrade???). Now, since I HAVE already purchased it before this announcement but not yet been able to register it, do I qualify for the upgrade if I purchase the support plan?

Now back to my first question - if owners of 8HD DO qualify, I could then send my v9HD back, since I can then just upgrade to 10HD....

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 PM

This Service Support Plan may ultimately be a great deal for a lot of people, especially HD Native users who can get the most out of PT10HD's features now.

If you wait until mid November/early December to purchase SSP then you get PT10HD at a little more than half price. If Avid releases PT11 next October during AES then you get it free; essentially getting both programs at $300 each. That's a 70% discount. Not too bad.

Of course Avid could announce PT11 at AES but not release it until the following January.....
Old 10-27-2011, 03:19 PM

Max, it is time for you to address the price difference for the upgrades to these essentially identical licenses:

-PT HD9 to PT HD10= 999$

-PT9+CPTK (PT HD9) to PT10= 299$

Thank you.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoZion View Post
Max, it is time for you to address the price difference for the upgrades to these essentially identical licenses:

-PT HD9 to PT HD10= 999$

-PT9+CPTK (PT HD9) to PT10= 299$

Thank you.
That's easy. CPTK users paid about $2k for their HD features (expanded track count/OMF/Advanced Automation/timecode support, etc) back when they were on PT 7&8. They got shafted when PT9 was released and everyone got the features they paid for - for 1/10th of the price. In the long run they've pre-paid for their upgrade to PT10HD.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmost View Post
Reasonable response....I wish HD Card users could get the 16K of ADC & 32 Bit Floating Point thingie going somehow though.
From my reading of the support pages HD systems do get 32bit fp, interleaved file, and mixed bitrate support in PT10HD.

But only 4k samples of ADC as opposed to 16k for anyone with non-HD hardware, native, or CPTK. That's the first time I've seen the HD system with less capability. And to think you used to have to have HD to get ADC! Oh well . . .

What's New in Pro Tools 10
Old 10-27-2011, 03:29 PM

I think this is very fair deal. I will definitely subscribe to the support plan.
The Pro Tool 10 14 day demo is a great add too.

Thank you Max and Avid!
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 10-27-2011, 03:30 PM

Max, Another curiosity.

How does one move from PT10 and the CPToolkit to HDNative. Someone with $2,700.00 worth of software is given no credit for it and is asked to pay for the software again just to acquire a Native card. Has this even been considered?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-27-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshaw View Post
This Service Support Plan may ultimately be a great deal for a lot of people, especially HD Native users who can get the most out of PT10HD's features now.

If you wait until mid November/early December to purchase SSP then you get PT10HD at a little more than half price. If Avid releases PT11 next October during AES then you get it free; essentially getting both programs at $300 each. That's a 70% discount. Not too bad.

Of course Avid could announce PT11 at AES but not release it until the following January.....
But PT11 won't work with the HD .. only native and HDx ...

www.spoonsound.com
Closed Thread