Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 08:43 AM

Default Track input monitoring from control surface

Considering replacing my Artist Control with an S1, at least a little bit because my request for per-track input monitoring is not easily accessible like it was on my Command 8. But it seems that Eddie has posted as recently as November that this is somewhere in the works, but isn’t available even on the S-series.

Is this true? Even in shift modes, or with custom mapping now available, there isn’t the equivalent of that green “I” available without having to e.g. select audio on the track first?
Old 12-06-2021, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Track input monitoring from control surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Considering replacing my Artist Control with an S1, at least a little bit because my request for per-track input monitoring is not easily accessible like it was on my Command 8. But it seems that Eddie has posted as recently as November that this is somewhere in the works, but isn’t available even on the S-series.

Is this true? Even in shift modes, or with custom mapping now available, there isn’t the equivalent of that green “I” available without having to e.g. select audio on the track first?
You can do it from the Avid Control app
You can't do it from the physical channel trip yet
Old 12-06-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
You can do it from the Avid Control app
You can't do it from the physical channel trip yet
I THOUGHT I saw it, but after 10 years of seeing the request, with 5 or 6 of them being mine on the Artist Control, I didn’t think they’d bring these things to the market without adjusting for what Euphonix got wrong. Plus take into account what’s been there for Icon and D-Command and even my stupid ol’ Command 8 and bring that baseline forward THEN add all the new and wonderful stuff.

Okay then, I’ll wait with my old gear - no worse than the new gear for now, apparently.

Cheers!
Old 04-28-2022, 09:21 AM

Just bumping this thread;

when is this getting off of the "to-do" list and onto the "done" list? Yet another EUCON release appears to have come and gone with no means of toggling input monitoring via a physical button on the S1.

PLEASE find a way to incorporate this! Maybe Shift+SEL? (And allow that to be reversible if I want the primary function to be input monitoring and secondary to be track selection).
Old 04-28-2022, 03:49 PM

Yes please. Because now that I have an S1 that I enjoy much more than my Artist Control, it’s the only thing that’s missing. If we can have assignable knobs, why not this one command that was available on a Command 8???
Old 05-08-2022, 07:03 AM

Bump.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:26 AM

Bump.
Closed Thread