Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 08-04-2015, 01:32 PM

Default Fast Track Pro not recognised!

Dear all,
I really hope there is someone out there that can help me, as I searched through 17 pages of posts, but didn't find an answer for my exact problem yet.

My M-Audio Fast Track Pro connects to the computer, is seen as a USB device, but is not recognised as an audio device!
The drivers are updated. The lights on the device are on, everything should be working, windows says the device is working properly, but in the audio control centre the Fast Track Pro is not an option to chose from....

Anybody please?

Acer Aspire 5755 G, Windows 7, Audition CC 2015
Old 08-04-2015, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro not recognised!

Are you saying that it's not a listed option when you view the "Playback devices" by right clicking on the speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your Windows desktop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantie View Post
Dear all,
I really hope there is someone out there that can help me, as I searched through 17 pages of posts, but didn't find an answer for my exact problem yet.

My M-Audio Fast Track Pro connects to the computer, is seen as a USB device, but is not recognised as an audio device!
The drivers are updated. The lights on the device are on, everything should be working, windows says the device is working properly, but in the audio control centre the Fast Track Pro is not an option to chose from....

Anybody please?

Acer Aspire 5755 G, Windows 7, Audition CC 2015

Last edited by Amack; 08-04-2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 08-04-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
Are you saying that it's not a listed option when you view the "Playback devices" by right clicking on the speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of you Windows desktop?
Yep, that's what I mean...
Old 08-04-2015, 03:27 PM

Beats me.

Try an older driver? http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ers&popup=true

Or http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...10/153841-3779 community discussion link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantie View Post
Yep, that's what I mean...
Old 08-06-2015, 03:46 PM

In Win 7 click on control panel then click the "Sound" icon. Make sure that under the "playback" and "recording" tabs Windows is using the computers built in sound card, and not the Fast Track Pro. If it is not set up this way, Windows tends to steal another sound device for itself. This should cure your problem. Remember, when it is set-up this way, your computer sounds, and any audio from the internet etc, will not play through the Fast Track Pro, but only through your computer speakers.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 08-06-2015, 04:00 PM

Thank you for your reply Wizzoboy.
Actually, Windows is using the built in sound card. It doesn't even recognise the fast track as one, because it is not an option.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:42 AM

Another poster had the same problem as you. When they checked the Fast Track Pro in device manager.they found that they had downloaded the driver for the Fast Track not the Fast Track Pro. Might be worth checking.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 08-28-2015, 08:22 AM

Yeah, unfortunately it was the pro... I double and triple checked the details
Old 05-05-2016, 12:46 PM

I had the same problem on Windows 7.
Disabling the on board sound device in bios fixed it for me.

If it still wont show up in audio playing/recording device list, go into device manager and find the usb device that is your Fast Track Pro.

Right click it and uninstall.

Then rescan devices and it should pop up.
Let Windows autoinstall the driver and dont update to a newer one because that will probably mess it upp again.
A little bit of "Why fix something that is not broken" philosophy.

Hope this helps.

cheers!