Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 09-21-2019, 03:48 PM

Default Re: AAE-7058 error after I close and open PT again

Pretty nasty thing can you try removing all the plugins from the plugins folder and insert them again by brands ?

Some plugins licenses have the option to be on the cloud. Things can go wierd sometimes did you use the cloud before going out? Just asking looking clues here.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:15 AM

Well since I have mixes to finish I could not wait for Avid or Apple or who "fault" it is to update the software.

I just opened TimeMachine and rolled the computer to a date 2 days before the error.

I guess that if you have an iPhone with the new 13 iOS DO NOT plug it to the computer.

Everything is working like a charm again!

Getting back to mixes!
UA OCTO Thunderbolt, UAD Twin MK2 QUAD
Old 09-22-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirovaz View Post
Well since I have mixes to finish I could not wait for Avid or Apple or who "fault" it is to update the software.

I just opened TimeMachine and rolled the computer to a date 2 days before the error.

I guess that if you have an iPhone with the new 13 iOS DO NOT plug it to the computer.

Everything is working like a charm again!

Getting back to mixes!
Hi thats great to hear but, can you elaborate more on the IOs thing and how you think impacted your system when have the time ? Someone else can benefit from that .
Old 09-22-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Hi thats great to hear but, can you elaborate more on the IOs thing and how you think impacted your system when have the time ? Someone else can benefit from that .
To tell the truth I don't think mirovaz knows exactly what caused the problem; he just rolled back to a known-good setup. Without knowing the exact things that changed I don't believe we'll ever get to what caused the problem. And I don't think it was pilot error either. Sometimes Apples does stuff with these updates that can screwup a system big time. I had a 'security update' to OSX 10.9.5 that bricked my old iMac. Luckily I had an external Carbon Copy Cloner backup that I was able to restore my system and get back to work.

It's for when stuff like this happens that's it's not just a good thing but mandatory to have some kind of backup system in place.

QAPLA!
Old 09-22-2019, 11:41 AM

Yes i suspect that, but as he pointed an iphone conection ( not to do it ) it raise questions. So maybe a more deep info on what he suspect this would be good for all.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:55 PM

Jesus - there are multiple threads about this on DUC, might be nice to combine them?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406401 (this one)
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406397

I thought there was one other, must have been confused, or maybe it was already merged?

Folks opening cases - posting case numbers here would likely help.

The Mac keeps a log of what has been installed in /var/log/install.log. I expect Avid support, iLok support and any plugin vendor support are likely going to want to see that. May be a good idea to attach that log file to support requests.

I *think* Safari 13 may have been part of the update applied here, that could potentially touch a lot of underlying subsystems, libraries, etc.

You never know in these situations, did Apple break something, did they fix something? Was some plugin toolkit vendor, Pace, or Avid relying on some improper or undocumented behavior etc. or did Apple just just screw the pooch? Finding the root cause may take several vendors looking at stuff together.

Oh well folks who have backups and those who don't... maybe if you can't get stuff done because your Pro Tools system is having problems, now might be a good time to sort out doing backups. I'd go for using Carbon Copy Cloner for boot/system drive backups, a quick reboot off a clone can get you running again, possibly also backed up with TimeMachine, and possibly using TimeMachine for session backups in combination with cloud backups and off-site storage.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-22-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:10 PM

I don't know if this has any relevance at all, but since the OP mentioned leving the mac alone for a while, coming back to discover the problem, I thought I would just point out that I have seen macs behaving strangely after logout/login or sleep and only a restart would fix it.

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 09-22-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:19 AM

hello to all.

i have the same problem with plugins apparently "not being authorized" after updating my iphone to iOS 13 (and mindlessly just installing the software update required for this operation).

affected by this are my Sonnox Oxfords, McDSPs, NUGEN and my Empirical Labs Arousor plugs.

what i found is that all of these plugins continue to work just fine in AU and VST format but not as AAXs in ProTools (2019.6.0). i noticed this while sending clips from my timeline to iZotope RX 7 Advanced via
the RX 7 Connect AudioSuite plugin and opening the "unauthorized" plugs in RX 7's "Plugin" module.

that (or a similar workflow of processing audio externally) might be a weak remedy for some affected users (i know, using e.g. offline loudness metering is not an effective workflow (i'm mixing tv stuff right now),
nevertheless i wanted to share this).

let's hope for the best.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:44 PM

To be clear

1. Turned the iMac off after a good session
2. Turned it on AND plugged my iPhone with the new iOS
3. A screen pumped asking to install something so the iPhone could work with the new iOS with the iMac
4. opened PT again and the plugins did not worked
5. After tried all things discussed before I ROLLED back to a day prior the problems.
6. All good now BUT wont plug my iphone before I finish all the mixes I have to work this week.

Cheers!
UA OCTO Thunderbolt, UAD Twin MK2 QUAD
Old 09-26-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirovaz View Post
Hello forum members
Something strange happened yesterday and I am not able to fix it yet.

Finished a mix session. Went out for lunch. Came back so I could listen to it again and export the session with the artist. Boom... I keep getting this error for no reason. I did not changed anything on the computer. Did not installed anything. Just saved the session, went for lunch, came back and opened ProTools again.

Any advice?

PS: since that I installed again the ELRey compressor, EC3000 delays but now I get the same error OR a new one saying the same plugins are not 64bit AAX plugins. WTH?
Same problem, same manufactures: McDsp, Exponential Audio, Nugen
This is terrible, I can't roll back my clock, I get a iLok message saying "clock can't be repaired" also don't have TimeMachine
This is bad