Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Default Audio playsback at slower speed, but sample rates are correct

I am running an 002R clocked externally from an Apogee Rosetta 800. This weekend, audio started playing back slower (about a semitone flat). After changing the clock source on the Core Audio Driver, the problem corrected and the audio started playing at the correct speed. Playback was from iTunes.

Sunday, I started up the system and audio was playing at the correct speed when clocked to the Apogee, so I felt it may be an isolated occurrence. I left the system playing while I was setting up equipment to record and my audio stopped playback after around 20 minutes. I had to close and reload iTunes and, after restarting, audio was playing back at a the slow speed again.

Does this sound like an issue with the Core Audio Driver, the Digi002R, or the Apogee Rosetta 800? I'm running an 8-core Mac Pro with Leopard and haven't had any issues with the setup in over a year. I have not done any updates to the operating system and am running PTLE 7.4.2. The ADAT cables are tightly connected and properly seated in the terminals on both the 002R and the Rosetta 800.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Audio playsback at slower speed, but sample rates are correct

So far, all sources are telling me it's an issue with Digidesign Core Audio Driver and not with any of the hardware.